“A perfect little gem, good value”

Review of VILLA MAR

showing upstairs where i live with my family and rental accommodation downstairs in garden
lounge in 1 bed apt lounge
lounge & kitchen
2 single beds
2 single beds & bedside cabinet
2 single beds
wardrobe & door to shower room
sink & toilet
shower
private outside table
street in Arroyo de la Miel
good shops,restaurants and bars in San Miguel Street Torremolinos 5 minutes by bus
beautiful Benalmadena marina 10 minutes walk
fantastic beaches only 5 minutes walk away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Stephen D
Minneapolis,Mn
“A perfect little gem, good value”
Reviewed 18 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

To escape our cold winters, we had visited here once for a two-week stay and once for three weeks. The experience was so good that when we retired we decided to try it for six weeks. We enjoyed that so much that we are now on our fifth six-week stay. Every year we look forward to coming back. We hope to be able to continue coming here.

The owners of this property go out of their way to make your stay comfortable.

The studios are located in a private garden. They are a short walk from the beach. Bus stop, grocery stores, a large department store and even a train station are only a few minutes' walk away.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The private, sunny garden and the comfortable beds
Liked least: We have not had any problems
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
27 Feb 2013
Thank you for taking the time to do the review.It is always a pleasure when guests return time after time it means they are happy and content with our property.
Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K.
Reviewed 9 February 2013 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: it was near a Lidl supermarket
Liked least: the main(and very busy) coastal road had to be crossed AND the a very steep hill navigated to reach the property
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 Sep 2014
Mop and bucket was left in room by mistake it only had to be put outside door of studio

Travellers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

jkn790
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 22 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

I stayed at Villa Mar mid December to mid January for 4weeks in Studio appartment it had everthing i required Micro wave cooker kitchen utensills etc English Tv a plus if you wanted to stay in .The beds where very comfortable very good sleep throughout my stay.Les the owner was very cheerful and helpful pleanty outside space in garden to ave nice morning breakfeast in the Sun.would reccomend it to anyone.

Liked best: Comfortable Beds
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
5 Feb 2013
Thank you for taking the time to do the review,it was my pleasure to meet you and hopefully we will meet again when you visit this area in the future.
kjw1104
Chester, United Kingdom
“GREAT HOLIDAY”
Reviewed 10 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

I went with my sister & had a great time at Villa Mar. The appts are claen and well maintained to a high standard. They are situated close to shops ,bars and beach.Les the owner is the perfect host and makes you feel at home.Ths was are second stay and we will sray again.

Liked best: Close to everything
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
11 Jan 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make a positive review of our property,we look forward to meeting you again on your next visit.
All accommodation as just been repainted for the new holiday season.
Michael A
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Oh dear”
Reviewed 30 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

Despite the adverts we had no 'patio' unless you wish to call the path connecting the square block of four studio apartments as a patio. As it runs between the apartment and a 6' wall we had no natural light there. Importantly, the studio access is down some steep steps. The 'fitted wardrobes' are a gross exaggeration of what anyone would expect to find; yes, they were built into the wall but were crude and roughly handmade. We had no gas hob or toaster or pots and pans until I complained; Les the owner then supplied them after I reminded him that these were all included in the advertisment; I dont want confrontation when I am on holiday and this was very upsetting for us. At the same time he also replaced the chipped and cracked cups. There was no clothes maiden, although Les said he had a new one upstairs (its not much use there is it!) as there was nowhere to dry our towels. The shower ether boiled you or the gas switched off and you froze; all in all very unsatisfactory indeed. Les did respond to my complaints but I dont wish to have to complain to get what was advertised. Les seems like a decent bloke but I could do without the aggravation when I just want a holiday. I couldnt possibly recommend this to anyone.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: No natural light
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
13 Oct 2012
THERE IS A TABLE AND CHAIRS OUTSIDE STUDIO 3 FOR GUESTS USE IDEAL IF NOT RAINING ( RAINING 3 DAYS ) OR MOVE TO END OF PROPERTY WERE THE SUN SHINES ALL DAY.
MY ADVERT SAYS PROPERTY NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WITH WHEELCHAIR'S OR WITH WALKING DIFFICULTIES I HAVE NOT HAD A COMPLAINT IN 13 YEARS REGARDING THE STAIRS TO OUR GARDEN AREA.
IN MY OPINION THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OUR WARDROBES THAT WERE BUILT WITH THE PROPERTY CERTAINLY BETTER THAN DIY FLAT PACKS.
CLOTH MAIDEN HAD GONE RUSTY SO WAS THROWN AWAY GUEST MENTIONED THERE WAS NOTHING TO DRY TOWELS ON SO I FETCHING NEW ONE DOWN FROM UPSTAIRS.
TOLD NO TOASTER IN KITCHEN IN 5 MINUTES TOASTER IN KITCHEN.
I HAD TOOK OLD GAS HOB OUT OF STUDIO 3 AND REPLACED IT WITH AN ELECTRIC PLANCHA ( HOT PLATE ) GUESTS COMPLAINED THEY COULD NOT BOIL AN EGG ON IT FOR BREAKFAST SO I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A NEW GAS HOB AND POTS AND PANS AND IT WAS FITTED THE NEXT DAY.
I DID HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE WATER, I HAD TO REPLACE A RUBBER LUNG IN THE PRESSURIZED WATER TANK AND SOME SMALL PARTICLES GOT INTO THE WATER PIPE GOING INTO THE HEATER THAT FEEDS THE KITCHEN AND BATHROOM ONCE I HAD CLEARED THE FILTER EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE.
I DO HAVE QUITE A NUMBER OF GUESTS THAT STAY AT OUR PROPERTY YEAR ON YEAR SO I TRY AT ALL TIMES TO MAKE MY GUEST WELCOME AND COMFORTABLE AND TRY MY BEST TO SEE THAT THEY ENJOY THERE HOLIDAYS. ( I GUESS ON THE ODD OCCASION I GET IT WRONG )
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing