Bajondillo Apartments(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
USD 109
USD 103
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 127/night.

Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
USD 204
USD 184
  • Pool
Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)
USD 285
USD 225
  • Beachfront
Hotel Zen Airport(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
USD 74
USD 143
USD 133
USD 183
  • Pool
Marconfort Beach Club Hotel(Torremolinos)
USD 207
USD 153
USD 141
Priceline
2,451 results
All reviewsibiza rockshouse musicmarina viewpool areabali bedslovely hotelfree fridgejunior suiteplastic chairssofa bedpuerto marinacosta del solhalf boardlots of choiceflat screendining roomsun loungers
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at Sol House the last week in March. We hadn't visited this area of Spain before and were not disappointed. The location of the hotel couldn't be better. A couple of steps from a lovely clean sandy beach with small shops, restaurants & the marina on your doorstep. We had requested a high floor in a quiet part of the hotel. We stayed in block 3 on the 7th floor with excellent views. Huge room & bed, one of the best we've had. The breakfast was very impressive, so much choice & good quality. Can't actually think of any negatives. Would like to stay again in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pineapplechunk
Yusel R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear pineapplechunk,

We feel more than delighted to know that you have choosen Sol House Costa del Sol. It is a great honor for us to know that we offer you a excellent first impression after your stay with us. It has been a great pleasure for us to attend you.

It would be amazing having you back anytime as one of our guests. In the meantime, best wishes for both of you and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We take my parents on holiday every year in March and last year we discovered this place. Last year I gave a 4/5 review because my parents are unsteady on their feet and the 2 "disabled" lifts that you need to use to get from reception down to the beach were temperamental at best and often not working at all. This year however they worked fine, and reception gave us a key for the lower 'platform lift' to keep throughout our stay. With the lifts working the holiday was perfect (apart from the weather!!)

I can't say much more than I said in my previous review. The rooms are great. The facilities are great. The staff are great. The food is great. 2 x 2-4-1 happy hours every day....GREAT! Even the evening entertainment was ok (I can't say great, but it was bearable).

As we were waiting for our transfer bus to leave we were speaking to a lady who was complaining that she could never find anything she liked to eat at the evening service. Blinkin'eck! There was always chicken, pork, beef, various fish, paella, veg, salad, cold meats and cheeses, fruit, desserts.....what else do you want??! Some folk just can't be helped!

Love this hotel, and if my parents are still able to travel next year we'll be back again.

Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful stay.

I've posted a picture of the pool area taken from the bar seating area. Stunning!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mr_Smoff

Dear Mr_Smoff,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences with us here at Sol House Costa del Sol. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and your interactions with our team and I have already shared your wonderful comments as a reminder of what they do best.

We are expecting you (and your parents) back in the near future to give you another warm welcoming in our hotel.

Warm regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is a very good hotel in a fantastic location right next to Belemendena marina also looks like it has had a recent refurb as it is very modern. Great breakfast options and pool areas only gripe here it has a roof top pool that we were not informed of on check in and also says in the lift to this area premium rooms only so do not know if its available for every guest to use. The only problem we had was our room was not ready on time to check in i know it was busy but this is not good enough and hopefully they sort this out as we were not the only guests with this issue. Overall great hotel and in an excellent location would highly recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms seem excellent and spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank clarky1973

Dear clarky1973,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share on TripAdvisor your experience at Sol House Costa del Sol.

We are glad to know that the hotel's privileged location has suited you well and that you have appreciated your experience at breakfast.

Moreover, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you lived and be informed that all of your comments have been already shared with the departments involved, in order to avoid the same situations.

We remain at your complete disposal for any queries you may have and we are looking forward to welcome you back at you home in La Costa del Sol.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stayed for a week end of March. Very efficient check in. After reading previous reviews we requested a high room with a view of the marina and were not disappointed.
There are three blocks at the hotel and we had a fabulous suite in block 2 on floor 7.
Balcony had wonderful views over the harbour at Benalmadena, and we had the sun right up to sundown at approx 7.10 then later when the clocks changed.
The suite had a tv in each room, showing 5 English channels should you need it. There was a glass fronted fridge (very useful as there is a massive Lidl 5 mins walk away) and safe (free of charge) and free Wifi throughout. Beds were very comfortable, lovely pillows and the whole suite was spotlessly clean.
It was my birthday while we were there and a lovely bottle of pink Cava and chocolates were left in the room; a really nice touch and much appreciated.

We were half board - breakfast was unbelievable with everything you could imagine. No-one could go hungry here. Dinner was also good with every diet catered for. Drinks in the restaurant were pricey, most nights we had water.

Cant wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: High floor with view of marina.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WhitleyTravellers
Yusel R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear WhitleyTravellers,

Thank you very much for your comment about your stay in our Sol House Costa del Sol and thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are very happy to read that not only your service expectations have been surpassed, but also to see how much you enjoyed our facilities whilst your holidays with us.

Thank you for your time and for sharing your kind feedback. We are looking forward to having you back in Sol House Costa del Sol very soon!

Guet Experience Coordinator

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The property is nicely located by the beach and gives an easy access to the beach boulevard. Breakfast is great although it gets very busy after 10am.

When it's a windy day the pool area isn't ideal since it gets cold even when the sun is shining. My tip would be to go on the lower level next to the beach access. It's not that nice with people walking by on the boulevard but at least you're not freezing because of the wind.

We had some issues during our stay. One was that the taxi driver took us to the wrong hotel first since he thought that we were staying in the Melia Torremolinos although I told him the whole name of the hotel and I speak fluent Spanish. I realized why this happened when we arrived at the hotel -there's no mention of 'Melia' at the hotel so you should just say 'Sol house hotel' without the name 'Melia'.

Also the lock on our room door broke down (they said that it ran out of batteries?). The maintenance guy had to come and change the whole lock and handle. This took some time but the guy was nice as was the cleaning lady who called for the maintenance guy. It just would've been nice if we didn't have to com back several times to the room to see if they were done already or not.

I sent an e-mail to the hotel some days before our arrival and requested for a double bed. Nobody answered to this e-mail and we never got a double bed although we asked for it also at the check-in.

We were 2 adults and 2 kids travelling but when we got to the room the bed was made only for 2 people and there were towels for 2. I asked them to prepare everything for 4 but this took time. Then after one night I asked for 1 more blanket since the kids couldn't really share one and this request I had to repeat 4 times before it arrived.

The staff at breakfast were nice but not that much at the reception. I got decent service but saw some occasions when people who didn't speak Spanish weren't treated that well.

Now then main thing why we weren't happy with the hotel. They say that they have a climatized pool but this is not the case. At least not in March. It would be okay if they informed you that the pool is warm only during the summer months but I booked this hotel because of the fact that I thought that our 2-year-old could swim since he loves swimming. You should've seen the disappointment on his face when we went to try out all the pools and they were all freezing. When I asked about this the reception staff just laughed and said that of course the pool isn't warm now when it's so cold outside!? In my mind the point of having a warmed pool is that you can swim even when it's not +35 degrees outside. So, we weren't able to swim at all. It wouldn't have been a big thing with bigger kids or adults but with a small kid this really ruined our vacation. And it annoys me that they still reply here on Tripadvisor that they have the climatized pool without mentioning that it depends of the weather or season.

Another annoying issue is that they have air-conditioning in rooms but it's not turned on yet. Not even when it's +28 degrees inside. After the first 2 nights we slept with the balcony door open because otherwise it was just too hot inside.

Also as everyone says the toilet flush makes a really loud noise and you can hear every word from the hallway and rooms aside. If you aren't a good sleeper it's better to pack some earplugs with you.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the marina and you'll get some sun on the balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank banana_2007
Yusel R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear banana_2007,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sol House Costa del Sol.

We really appreciate your complete review about your experience at breakfast, it is very important for us know that meet your expectations and help you to start the day with energy and entusiam. Also, we are glad to know that you have taken advantage of our privileged location close to the Marina.

We are sorry to hear that we let you down on this occasion during your stay due to several service and maintenance issues, which indeed should have been spotted and resolved prior to allocating the room to you.  I would like to inform you as well that at Sol House Costa del Sol we carry out a continuous maintenance of all the installations, programing repairs and renovations constantly. We take into consideration your words in a continuous improvement.

On behalf of Sol House we would like to inform you that we are proud of the professionalism of our staff who always strives to give the best of our service to our guests, regardless of their nationality you perceived.

Should you wish to contact me directly to provide additional information I would be delighted to hear from you. I remain at your entire disposal.

Kind regards,