NH Marbella(Marbella)(Great Value!)
USD 384
USD 387
iberostar.com
  • Pool
Princesa Playa Hotel Apartamentos(Marbella)(Great Value!)
USD 159
Marbella Club Hotel(Marbella)
USD 1,481
Hotels.com
1,104 results
All reviewsrooftop barla laold townfuerte miramarsea viewbeautiful hotelprivate beach areawaiter servicefreshly squeezed orange juicesun loungersfull length mirrorcomfortable sunbedsbeach bedspure luxurybottle of cavabreakfast was amazingbeach front
Reviewed 30 March 2018

After 5 nights here, there is no question in my mind that Amare Marbella is a good hotel, great even, but unfortunately let down by a few factors that I couldn't get over in order to award a 5 star review.

Pros:
- Excellent Location - right on the beach, short walk to the Old Town, supermarket and lots of restaurants. Really, the location can't be beat.
- Modern construction with some touches of luxury
- Lovely East-facing views from our 7th floor balcony
- Well-appointed, spacious room & bathroom with minibar fridge
- Poolside area is really very good, very comfortable loungers, buzzer service, views of the sea and good shelter from the wind
- Food is generally very nice (we were on a half board package)
- Customer-facing staff are very professional, although I got the impression perhaps a bit over-worked

Cons:
- Our first experience was trying to book an airport transfer. The reception just stopped responding to emails a few days out from our trip, and when I called the hotel I found it very difficult to get the message through that we had tried to book a transfer but wasn't sure whether it had been booked as we received no confirmation. The man said he'd received our emails and would send a confirmation, but he never did. Luckily the transfer was there on arrival...
- Air Con TURNED OFF for duration of stay. The temperature in our room was 28 Celsius the first night... we couldn't get the AC to work, even when setting the Thermostat to 18. My pregnant wife found this very uncomfortable, but we suffered through with intention of having it fixed or room switched in the morning. Alas, we learned that as it was "Winter" (late March) the AC for the whole building was turned off, despite it being 22C outside. It was politely suggested to us that we should leave the balcony door open 24/7 for ventilation... which we did, but the housekeeping staff kindly closed it every day while we were out. This is the first hotel I've ever stayed in a 'hot' destination where the AC is actually disabled for the whole building, obviously to save on costs but a little surprising given they are targeting a luxury image.
- As above, we booked Half Board. Breakfast buffet is excellent, and wonderful dining on the terrace, no complaints. Dinner, surprisingly, was 3 course a la carte, and the quality of cooking & ingredients was pretty good - with about a dozen choices for Entree, a dozen for main and half dozen desserts. However, I was a little surprised to be nickel & dimed for table bread and table water every single night. I can appreciate not having alcohol included, but having to wait for the cheque at the end of an 'included' 3-course meal only to sign-off on a few pieces of dry bread and 2 bottles of still water feels a bit on the nose.
- Similarly, on the last night my pregnant wife wasn't feeling well enough to go to the restaurant, but on putting a call in to Customer Services they refused to send her dinner order to the room or provide room service credit as "the rumba was on" in the dining room. Out of principle, even in her condition, we ended up leaving the hotel to have a paid-for restaurant dinner on the esplanade, rather than starving in the room or funnelling more money into the hotel coffers.

As a banker, I'd love to have Amare Marbella as a client as they are clearly very savvy businesspeople and will not go bust in a hurry! However, I'd appreciate if some of these small "extras" such as Air Conditioning, Bread & Water were included in the higher Half Board price... also I suggest focusing some attention that the phone & email staff are as well-trained as the customer-facing staff would not go amiss.

I would also recommend disregarding any response to this review from the hotel until you hear from other reviews that these issues have been taken care of.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 7TroopCutCopyPaste
amaremarbella, Director General at Amare Beach Hotel Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that in general you enjoyed the stay.

However I am sorry and quite concerned about your disappointment with some of our services, even our front desk manager reached you to apologize for this inconveniences that you found . Your satisfaction is our top priority and I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team, to see how we can improve and better communicate with our valued guests. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back for a much more positive experience, we will be very happy to assist with future arrangements.
You can always reach out to me and I would be very happy to help you with your preferences and ensure that you have a great stay as expected from our hotel.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We never made it to the hotel so cannot comment on what its like, due to the French ATC strike we phoned the hotel to see if we could rebook or cancel the holiday which was totally out of our control due to cancelled flights, this was met by a firm no, its not our problem you will be charged.
The option for us to move to another date was agin flatly declined, i feel this is totally unfair and left with a bad feeling about the unsympathetic way this hotel treats its customers.
They even phoned me after a day so see if I was turning up, I guess that if i said yes they would rent the rooms out again and make twice the monies.
I will not deal with them again and if you are going to book ensure you protect your cancellation policy.
Lynn

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WalesLynn
amaremarbella, Director General at Amare Beach Hotel Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear Lynn,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience with us and the rest of the community of TripAdvisor.

I would like to express my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have mentioned but you must understand that when you book a non refundable reservation you are not allow to cancel or change so we strongly recommend you to book a normal reservation for next time.

We remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stayed here for a little over a week in Aug 2017 and I can honestly say this is one of the best hotels in Marbella. From the minute we pulled up outside the door to check out the staff where very friendly and welcoming. They have a great and pool and beach area with sun loungers that are free for guests. Unlike some other hotels that ask you to pay for them. According to the missus they have a top the range Spa and treatments.
We stayed in the Dolce Vita suite and the extra space and balcony where worth the extra few euro spent. We where in Marbella for a family wedding with over 150 guests and over the course of the 10 days we spent some time in other hotels around the area and none of them come close to what Amare have to offer.

Room Tip: Dolce Vita room is spectacular
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank McTicy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed a buzzing experience with us at the Amare Marbella Beach. Your opinion motivates the entire team and helps us learn more about the preferences of all our valued visitors.
Thank you again for your comment and we would be glad to welcome you back for another amazing experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed again (4th or 5th already) at the Amare, perfect as always. Although we decided this time to go pre-season to see how that was.

The hotel was well booked but not full and due to the lesser weather little livelyhood in the area. Most shops and restaurants were open but many terasses still closed or not even built up.
The Amare beach part was also not build up yet, there were sunbeds but just a few.
They started building it up the second week. I assume to be ready for easter.

One thing we noticed, the 'adult only' policy was stretched.... there were quite some youngster. Now for some its easy to see they are 18+. For some it can be hard to tell whether they were 18 or up, but you also have the category No Doubt! 2 or 3 were definitely not 18!! We have grown kids ourself so I think we can judge this. If the parents cheated or whether the hotel allowed this I cant say. Not too much problems with it just some more noise in the pool occasionally.

A good point is that through the years we come here a big part of the employees are the same which is very pleaseant. The same goes for the service and quality. In some places you see after sometime that they start to try to do things cheaper. Not in the Amare. You can clearly notice that they invest in keeping the experience!!

We will be back for sure.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive opinion of Amare Marbella Beach Hotel.
We are glad that everything worked out smoothly and that we met your expectations. It makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us.

Thank you for your loyalty as a valued guest of the hotel and we would love to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Marbella. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything.
Remaining at your full disposal.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights and couldn't have been happier with the hotel.
On arrival we were offered an upgrade for €12 per night and we were glad we took up the option as the first room (we were here) had no balcony or sea view.
The first room we were taken to was at the back of the hotel and we really wanted a sea view so we asked to move and this was done quickly and with no bother.
Complimentary champagne followed.
Our new room was fantastic. The bed was massive, the bathroom modern and clean.
Towels changed every day, room cleaned, bed made. New sheets if you wanted.
The loungers by the pool were enormous and comfortable leather.
Now a couple of slight negatives.
There were only enough tea bags /milk for one cup of tea each per day, we had to ask the maid for extra a couple of times.
The patio door wouldn't lock as securely as I would have liked but I repaired it myself.
We didn't really eat or drink in the hotel as it seemed pricey to us and the mini bar also was left alone.
Would definitely return but only as a treat as it is at the top of our price range, but as they say, you get what you pay for.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul W
amaremarbella, Gerente at Amare Beach Hotel Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Paul W,

Thank you for sharing your opinion of us on TripAdvisor.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities. Your comment is very encouraging and we will continue working hard to maintain our pleasant atmosphere and exceptional service to the enjoyment of our guests.
We hope that you will return to Amare Marbella Beach Hotel if you visit Marbella again.
The entire team will remain at your disposal.