“A beautiful hotel with the staff to match!”

Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Middlesbrough
“A beautiful hotel with the staff to match!”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My partner and I went to the Puerto Romano for a weekend winter special b&b in November and to my suprise he proposed on Marbella beech! The hotel itself is set out like a village of suites some of which have sea/beach view. On arrival the porter immediately took our cases and check in was very prompt friendly and helpful. We were then taken by golf buggy along with our cases to our jnr suite. Whilst on the buggy the porter explained to us all amenities, where the cash point was and the gym ect. Once in our suite he explained how the air conditioning/heating worked and how to use the safe and wifi. Our suite had a lovely patio area with a table and chairs and a view of the tropical gardens. The room was very spaciuos, clean and fresh. The bed was extra large, it could easily sleep 3 people and one if the most comfortable! In our suite we also had a sitting area, a payable mini bar and hairdryer.
I have been to other 5* hotels but all of the staff within the hotel Puerto Romano far exceeded any other service I have experienced within a hotel. The service was impeccable, nothing was too much trouble! Our room was cleaned and serviced twice daily!
On one of the days it was raining and there were numerous amounts of umbrellas to use at each entrance and also one in our suite. On one of the days I left our umbrella in the hotel reception so when leaving our suite I didn't have an umbrella, I walked out with a towel over my head and a maid had just arrived to clean our room she asked was there not an umbrella in our room. I explained that I'd left it and she insisted I take hers. To me it is the little things like that which makes a hotel stand out from the rest!
Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff and you were treated exeprionally and made to feel like a very important person indeed!
There was no predudice or preference over any guest with a vue to wealth everyone was as important as the other.
Also there was no snoberry with guests or staff which I have experienced in other hotels.
The food was exeptional and arrived very prompt after ordering.
After mentioning our engagement we got a complimentary bottle of champagne and select chocolates in our room!
The hotel also offers a concierge service which is second to none to advise of where to eat and drink ect outside of the hotel.
I have read in previous reviews that the hotel is expensive and over priced. In my opinion you get what you pay for and if it's quality and luxury that you want and some where that you are waited on hand and foot and have waiters pouring your drinks from an iced wine canter wether it be an expensive bottle of champagne or a simple bottle of water then this is the place for you.
My partner and I would like to thank ALL of the staff for a lovely stay.
We would especially like to thank Jose Muñuz for his special attention. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone of our friends and family. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Turls28
HotelPuenteRomano, Gerente at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Marbella!

On behalf of the entire team, it was a great pleasure to look after you during your recent visit to the Hotel Puente Romano.

Your positive feedback is very much appreciated by the entire team. Your opinion about our property, service and friendliness of the staff is very motivating and encouraging. We are mindful of the fact that it is only by receiving guests satisfaction, that enable us to offer a five star deluxe service.

We are very pleased that we have succeeded in making your stay very pleasurable and memorable.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Having visited Marbella and stayed in a different 5 star hotel last year, the Hotel Puente Romano looked lovely and we decided to visit this year as couple without our children. Arrival was impressive being taken to our apartment in a buggy, etc..
Can't fault room, it was well equipped, nicely decorated, clean, nice views of the pool.
Only two pool areas were in use due to end of season (end September), but to be fair they had staff who seemed helpful.
I fail to see how the facilities in this hotel could cope at maximum capacity as it is huge. The areas surrounding the pools must be mayhem in peak season.
We only ate breakfast and had room service once in the hotel. The food was ok but there are so many nice restaurants outside and in banus that we used them.
Drinks are very very expensive especially from the minibar and there are few places to buy drinks / water outside the hotel so we had to keep using the hotel bar which cost a small fortune.
The one thing that has left a really bad taste in my mouth about this hotel is my mobile phone disappeared. I had it by the pool hidden under the towel on my sunbed and when I went to pick it up it had gone. Only two other guests were around the pool at the time - the guests at the opposite side of the pool along with the pool attendant and the snack bar staff who were near our beds. Anyway, it disappeared without a trace and to be honest the hotel reception couldnt have cared less, so on that basis I would not return to this hotel.
Apart from this bad experience I would have returned as long as I had a similar superior room in the surrounding villas (the standard rooms in the hotel itself were extremely small and very dated as we had to use one of these for late departure) and it was not high season as I dont think you'd have a chance of relaxing by the pool.

Room Tip: Main hotel rooms are small and dated
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alison K
HotelPuenteRomano, Gerente at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hotel Puente Romano. We are extremely sorry about the incident that you have experienced. Your complaint about the reception staff for not taking you seriously is very disappointing as we continuously strive to meet our guest’s needs and expectations. Normally if there is any missing item reported to us we take it very seriously and make a full follow up as well as an incident report.
We are very sorry that this has diminished your opinion about us, although we hope that you give us another chance to look after you in better circumstances.

Finally I would like to thank you for your kind remarks about your accommodation and the Hotel in general.

Kind regards,
London
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We have just returned from a week at this hotel with our kids aged 7 & 4. We had one of the best family holidays ever and given we travel several times a year there aren't many places we'd return to. We've been home for 2 days and I've booked again for next year.

The rooms are beautiful, the staff are attentive, there is plenty of room for all guests, no having to 'reserve' sunbeds early in the morning. The choice of restaurants is wonderful (but I do recommend eating out in one of the many amazing places outside the hotel too), the beach is fabulous and best of all I felt safe with my kids being out of my sight with the pool lifeguards being so vigilant.

Money well spent!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank StephDeck
HotelPuenteRomano, Gerente at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Marbella. Your kind remarks about Hotel Puente Romano are mostly appreciated and very encouraging.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your holiday with us and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the very near future.

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2011

It's 12 years since I first stayed at Puente Romano and every time I go back it's harder to leave and come home.
Top quality luxurious surroundings and a very friendly chilled atmosphere. No airs & graces required, just relax and enjoy the beautiful weather and wonderful food & wine.
We're in Spain, so if you want super speedy efficiency then maybe think about Germany instead. Go with the flow and get into the Spanish way of life. Eat & go out late and enjoy the fine things in life like great company and fine food & wine. Relax, you're on holiday after all.
Entertainment was fabulous too. Tom Jones in concert at the hotel no less and wait a minute, oh yes we've got Bjorn Borg and Pat cash playing in the Marbella Masters right here too in the fabulous tennis complex attached to the hotel.
If like me you're into your golf then this place is simply paradise, with one of the most beautiful & challenging golf courses you will play anywhere in the world, which belongs to the Hotel. It's about a fifteen to twenty minute drive, so worth hiring a car if you plan playing there a lot and once you have done you'll be back there every day. Food & hospitality at the golf club are at the same high standard so it's perfect to stay for lunch or some dinner afterwards.
Staff are all extremely friendly and it feels like a home from home.
Already planning my next trip back..!

Room Tip: Ask for what you like or require and so it shall be...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay in Hotel Puente Romano. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback from our loyal guests.

We are very pleased that we have managed to make your stay once more memorable and that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you in the very near future.

Kind regards,
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We've lived on the Costa del Sol for 38 years. Suite Beach bar is a wreck. It's dirty - even to the presence of open plastic garbage bins in the CENTRE of the bar . Keep it simple is the by-word here and all over Marbella, where all waiting staff are poorly trained,

Sadly the the bad service and unsavoury location is not reflected in the prices . 7.50€ for a a small bottle of water. We asked for whiskey sours, and the -drink server- note not a trained barman, explained that his 'prize winning' excuse for a real classic one was made from ; and I quote exactly " Any kind of whisky you want (it should only be Bourbon) with muddled lemon and lime , a good dash of Angostura Bitters over ice" . I asked for sugar syrup, demonstrating his ineptitude he asked "WHY". Oh My God, another bad Marbella waiter and at 15€ a glass an insult to a drinkers intelligence. He tried to excuse his pathetic attempt by stating he'd won a prize in Sydney for his cocktails. It must have been in a back street drunkards bar, this place looks like one, so guess he-s at home.

! Finally, the bar is filthy, badly painted, wires on view, garbage cans open in the middle of the small bar, ill dressed waiting staff, and generally bad bad service. Avoid it. its a RIP OFF .REMEMBER THIS IS 5 STARS. God help the rest.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank David J
HotelPuenteRomano, Gerente at Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that we failed to meet up with your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is very important to us. You are very right that these shortcomings should not have occurred in the first place. Suite is an acclaimed restaurant and we have many repeater guests and the comments we receive are usually extremely positive. Please rest assured that your comments have been followed up on in detail.

We hope to be given an opportunity to host you in future and convince you of our true hospitality.

Best regards,