All reviews hole courses spg platinum puerto banus main restaurant shuttle bus pool area shuttle service breakfast choices relaxing hotel lovely pool star hotel high season kids club hotel restaurant malaga airport long weekend euros
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We went to the Westin in April for 7 nights. The Hotel looks and I feel was sold to us by your golf travel as being in the mountains behind Marbella. It is but is surrounded by houses - not tranquil in the slightest. There was building work from 6 in the morning until late at night every day apart from Sunday.
The hotel tried very hard to appease us when things went wrong and the staff on the whole were lovely. We booked a panoramic room which initially was on the 1st floor with very little view and people looking into our room - the hotel moved us to the 3rd floor which was better but still very noisy with some guests thinking it funny to ring doorbells at 4am and run away!!! Not what I expected for over £3000.
The hotel was quite empty with often only 3 people in dinner, the pool is freezing - a fact My Golf Travel think is my fault for not asking about!! The Spa costs an additional £18 a day - again not advertised and not mentioned by YGT when they took my money.
The advertised shuttle does not run until the end of April....and the restaurant menu is very limited. YGT were very unhelpful when I complained, verging on rude - I would not book through them again....they told me had i dared to pay the unadvertised fee of £18 per day to use the spa they would have refunded it...how would I know this? The Westin is a lovely hotel - not great - not as advertised but helpful staff - the pool is freezing in April and the Spa costs extra - the menus are limited and the golf restaurant closes at 7pm. The shuttle doesn't run until April. If this is for you then good luck but I will not be returning and after the attitude of YGT I would not book with them again. The sales people were lovely (if a little loose with the truth) but the complaints department have just sealed their fate. Also advertised as a non-smoking hotel and definitely people smoking everywhere.

Room Tip: Do not take the ground or first floor
2  Thank MrsC47
apeev, General Manager at The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear MrsC47,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your comments. I can only apologize that we could not have done more for you during your time with us. At the same time I do appreciate your recognition to our hotel team to serve you the best possible way during your stay and that you consider our Westin La Quinta a lovely hotel. Thank you very much indeed!

On the other hand, I do regret that your Travel Agent was not up to your expectations and would suggest you deal with them separately.

I do hope to welcome you back should your travels bring you to back to Marbella.

Kind regards
Alexander

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We had a stay of 5 nights and overall, we enjoyed it.Some improvements though on the following could be done: in terms of decoration, the lobby is very empty and hence noisy when some one is moving a chair! carpets would be welcome ! Breakfast, size of the room (deluxe) is fine.

Room Tip: Ground floor room are great.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Positives
1. The view from our room was stunning of both the mountains and ocean.
2. The golf is fabulous
3. The hotel recognized our anniversary which was nice
4. The food was very good
5. The pool is beautiful
6. The room was very clean

Negatives
1. It may be cultural? But I found the staff to not be very friendly and they never smiled
2. No refrigerator
3. The hotel seemed dated especially the common areas
4. The AC only went down to 19 and the room was always hot despite the cool temps outdoors
5. The "heated" pool was freezing and there isn't a hot tub
6. Despite being told numerous times it was the busy season the hotel seemed understaffed and the bars and restaurants closed early.
7. The hotel is isolated

Finally, and this isn't the hotels fault but, the majority of the guests are old and English.
Quite honestly they were obnoxious slobs with bad attitudes.

Room Tip: Get a room with a ocean and mountain view the decks are large and we spent most of our time enjoying the view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
apeev, General Manager at The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear AZCatFan1998,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the different facilities and services such as the views, golf, food, room, pool and the recognition provided to you by our young team. At the same time I'm grateful you have also shared your feedback and concerns regarding other areas, which will be taken in consideration in order to continue improving our efforts to offer the best possible experiences for our guests Thank you very much indeed.

Hope to welcome you back soon at The Westin La Quinta

Kind regards
Alexander

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Overall a beautiful hotel with excellent staff. A little pricey but if you choose to stay in a 4/5 star golf resort it is to be expected perhaps.

ROOM - lovely spacious rooms, comfortable bed and stunning views on the balcony. Almost like a nautical themed room.

FOOD & DRINK - expensive, especially drinks. Food is delicious and well presented, great breakfast.

SERVICE - staff were brilliant, especially (Juan - I think?) at reception. Always friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Service with a smile every day from most staff.

AMENITIES - golf courses were excellent, spa was lovely (the masseuse was brilliant) but the gym is seriously outdated. A lot of the equipment is rusty/broken. In a hotel themed around leisure I would have expected a much, much better gym. I have been to 3 star hotels with better gyms! There were also a few PTs using the gym for clients which I presume (hope) were hotel guests which is a little off putting in a small gym. One PT even asked me to move my stuff because he needed more space for his client! A little rude but I didn't make a fuss. Also, the gym is meant to be accessible by room card but it was always open which poses a bit of a security risk.

LOCATION - beautiful surroundings, but not really any nearby shops where you can purchase water or snacks (hotel charges 4 euros a bottle). About a 10-15 minute taxi to Puerto Banus. We paid different taxi fares each time ranging from 11-15 euros so be aware as to which way they take you ie the long way.

1  Thank MissBanana83
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic resort! Located near the Marbella, in the heart of Spanish golf courses area. Very nice staff, excellent rooms, great kitchen (few bars & restaurants), and spectacular pool & garden area. Very good for family vacation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family