3,815 results
All reviews train station first floor old town shopping centre great hotel black out blinds modern hotel minute walk main station maria zambrano station the ground floor local train direct access other cities huge bed convenient location business hotel
Reviewed 12 February 2012

A lovely hotel in a very good location - above the railway station, with a shopping centre, bowling alley and a variety of restaurants and only 3 stops from the airport.
We had a really warm welcome (even though we arrived 3 hours early). The rooms were large and clean with very comfortable beds (sheets were a little to well starched, but I'm not going to complain as they were very clean). There was a seperate bathroom with a great power shower, big towels and complimentary toiletries. Breakfast was good with lots of choice. Decoration throughout the hotel was 'unique' with some great features. However, the highlight of my stay was definately the slide from the first to the ground floor - I was like a child for the day getting the lift from the 6th to the 1st floor then the slide down to the ground - everytime I left the hotel I had a big smile on my face ;0)
All in all we had a very comfortable night in a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter - just make sure you only go to the first floor when you exit and take the slide the rest of the way
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 68sf
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This hotels best point is its handy location directly adjacent to main train station; fast links to basically the rest of Spain can be easily achieved.
Nice functional hotel clean comfortable, wi fi did not work in my room but was given Ethernet cable by front desk so sorted. I did find the bar in hotel a very strange concept as I had to ask where to get a drink and coffee and was asked to wait in area by reception and someone appeared from behind door to take my order and returned with my coffee and drink, I was the only person in this modern space ship environment and not surprised as it did feel rather unwelcoming. All personnel polite as professional, excellent breakfast selection.
Stayed mid January 2012 and found Malaga to be very pleasant City, some good eating in centre of old town, can also recommend the Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection and Picasso museum if you like that sort of thing.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JRH26
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here on our way back to the airport after a long couple months of traveling. My girlfriend was sick at the time and we just needed a no hassle, comfortable bed for the night.

The hotel was in a cool location, right above the train station, the staff was nice and there was free wi-fi stations near the lobby so we could check in on our flights.

The rooms were small, but very modern and clean. I liked the remote shades best that when lowered, made the room pitch black at any time of day.

All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank supasonics
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Overall very good hotel with good central location at the train station - very easy to access from the airport. Shopping center with many shops in extension and another very large mall nearby. Approximately 15 minutes on foot to the center with pedestrian walkways. Lovely little gym for free use by all major equipment and up to 22kg dumbbells. Free wifi throughout the hotel, which ran quite stable (5mbit)

Found an 50% deal on booking.com

However, it would be nice with a pool and a sundeck / patio if you want find sun at the hotel.

Malaga is exellent all year round :-)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dkfals
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband, myself and another couple stayed here for new year, not with the hotel deal, but as a last minute booking. The hotel was fabulous, malaga is fantastic as a short break destination. The Barcelo is 20 mins train ride (less than 2 euros) from Malaga airport, and the hotel is integrated with the station, which is magnificent and houses the new high speed trains, and has loads of shops and restaurants. The Barcelo has a toboggan, and is absolutely state of the art. It would have been a five star review had there not been a problem with the temperature in the rooms, it was so hot, we did have problems sleeping. I would suggest asking for a room that doesnt face the sun all day?

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple