3,817 results
All reviews train station first floor old town shopping centre great hotel black out blinds modern hotel minute walk main station maria zambrano station the ground floor local train direct access other cities huge bed convenient location business hotel
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here on our way back to the airport after a long couple months of traveling. My girlfriend was sick at the time and we just needed a no hassle, comfortable bed for the night.

The hotel was in a cool location, right above the train station, the staff was nice and there was free wi-fi stations near the lobby so we could check in on our flights.

The rooms were small, but very modern and clean. I liked the remote shades best that when lowered, made the room pitch black at any time of day.

All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank supasonics
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Overall very good hotel with good central location at the train station - very easy to access from the airport. Shopping center with many shops in extension and another very large mall nearby. Approximately 15 minutes on foot to the center with pedestrian walkways. Lovely little gym for free use by all major equipment and up to 22kg dumbbells. Free wifi throughout the hotel, which ran quite stable (5mbit)

Found an 50% deal on booking.com

However, it would be nice with a pool and a sundeck / patio if you want find sun at the hotel.

Malaga is exellent all year round :-)

2  Thank dkfals
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband, myself and another couple stayed here for new year, not with the hotel deal, but as a last minute booking. The hotel was fabulous, malaga is fantastic as a short break destination. The Barcelo is 20 mins train ride (less than 2 euros) from Malaga airport, and the hotel is integrated with the station, which is magnificent and houses the new high speed trains, and has loads of shops and restaurants. The Barcelo has a toboggan, and is absolutely state of the art. It would have been a five star review had there not been a problem with the temperature in the rooms, it was so hot, we did have problems sleeping. I would suggest asking for a room that doesnt face the sun all day?

2  Thank Maddiecat77
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Great room. Nice design. Most comfortable bed of all the hotel I stayed on in Spain
Great Location. Close to everything except to the town central, but public transport are abundant. Supermarket just across the hotel
Staff Friendly and helpful
Only complaint is that the Air conditioner in my room cannot be set below 23", so the room can get a bit stuffy. Inform the staff, but they said it was preset

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank nudechef
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The good:
Hotel Barceló Malaga sits above Maria Zambrano train station so it's convenient when arriving from and departing to the airport.

They offer free wifi in the room, which should be standard in most hotels, but sadly isn't. It worked fine for us even if occasionally it dropped the connection.

The room was spacious and clean with comfortable beds. Nice power shower with 6 massage nozzles.

The bad:
While making the online booking via a 3rd party website, I requested a non-smoking double room on one of the higher floors. Upon arrival, I was asked if I wanted a smoking room on the 2nd floor. I politely declined and was eventually offered a non-smoking room on the 6th floor. Unfortunately, they didn't mention that it had twin beds so I phoned reception to ask for a room with a double bed, but was offered one in a smoking room on the 2nd floor.

The deadbolt on our door didn't work because it didn't line up properly with the latch plate. The door was able to lock using the normal latch, but we couldn't use the additional deadbolt lock.

The walls were thin so we could hear all the details of our neighbour's phone conversations.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xbisou