Room Mate Larios(Malaga)
USD 119
USD 107
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 152/night.

USD 113
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 128/night.

NH Malaga(Malaga)
USD 164
USD 139
NH Hotels
USD 150
USD 117
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 137/night.

USD 121
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 139/night.

USD 174
  • Pool
USD 94
USD 90
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 108/night.

USD 209
USD 158
USD 254
USD 173
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 192/night.

Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad(Malaga)(Great Value!)
USD 71
TripAdvisor
1,531 results
All reviewstwo double bedsthe buspremium roombuffet restaurantresidential areamalaga airportplaza mayoroutdoor poolplenty of sunbedssea viewbeach hotelbeach barnear airportbreakfast and dinnerreception staffhalf boardminutes from the airport
Reviewed 10 August 2015

Just stayed in the hotel for one night during a business trip because it is close to the airport.
I can confirm many of the reasons stated by other reviewers, which rated the hotel as poor, such as:
- the hotel is noisy
- the air conditioning is close to not working and way too loud
- the hotel is focussing mainly on french guests, which is OK, but being a guest from another country you might finding this disturbing
- the pool area is not that nice
- selection on the breakfast is OK, quality of food questionable
- the size of the breakfast room is too small if the hotel is fully booked (which it was when I went there - had to wait for a table for almost 15 minutes
- some of the staff is friendly, some not.

To put it all together: This hotel in my opinion is clearly addressing guests booking holiday packages, which is fine. But it seems to me, that the best years were some decades ago. I am sure, many of the package tourists still like it (otherwise the rating on trip advisor is not explainable to me), but if you think: Hey, this is a 4 star hotel close to an airport, let us book it for a business trip, you will more than likely be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank derflieger2003
Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

I haven't seen such hotel in a while. It's old, dirty, cracks in the marble.
There was an A/C unit in the middle of the room and made lots of noise.
The walls are thin and you can hear everything that is going on out side. The breakfast starts late so it's not very handy if you travel early.
The only thing that I found convenient is the distance to the airport.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank jeeweell
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

This review is coming from someone who has travelled around the world and stayed in multiple hotels ranging from 2 star to 5 star. We paid EUR 200 per night and this is the service we received:
1. At the time of booking, we had requested for a king size bed, but were greeted with twin beds. Each twin bed was smaller than a queen size...and apparently this is the format of the hotel
2. There is no complimentary water provided
3. The mini bar does not have any cooling
4. There is no tea / coffee maker. We had checked online that this service is available. When asked at reception, we were informed that such a service does not exist. We spoke to another couple staying at the hotel who mentioned that a tea and coffee machine was present in their room. When the reception staff were confronted, they sent a kettle. This was probably one of the worst kettles...it does not have a start n stop button and was so filthy we had to clean it before being able to use it. Post this, no tea / coffee / milk or sugar sachets were sent to our room
5. The room is not cleaned properly...only the beds are re-done and the towels r changed...used glasses are not cleaned / replaced, trash is not thrown away

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sahil107
Javier T, Gerente at Sol Guadalmar by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear client,

We are really sorry to know about your experience. Only in Premiun rooms have the tea/coffee service inside and our beds are 1.35 mts each in our rooms. (2 per room)

I will study with the housekeeper about cleaning but let me inform that we have a proffesional staff and never have any problem with in our daily cleaning , even if the clients need more towels they provide them.

Anyway , we failed this time and this allow to think over and achieve in our job.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2015

It is a hotel hard to review. On the positive side, the rooms are very nice and clean. I had one with a fabulous view of the sea. On the negative, I took one look at the crowded pool and less than appetizing dinner and never used either the pool nor ate at the hotel. But then, the hotel is located right on the beach and by walking literally 10 meters you can stay on a very nice and uncrowded beach (4 euro for the chair and parasol) and eat at a couple of really good beach restaurants. Why most people in the hotel were not doing this was s mystery to me (perhaps they pay for the meals in advance?).

Stayed: August 2015
2  Thank cicerone3
Javier T, Gerente at Sol Guadalmar by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing your experience and we are sorry for the crowed pool but we are in high season and fortunately fully booked.

I invite you to visit in other occassion to enjoy the relax of the area and the restaurants on the beach.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Well, I can honestly say that considering the reviews I had read (after booking via Melia and based on limited availability) I was beginning to dread our stay at this hotel. I was wrong to be nervous. It served a super purpose for us and was a very pleasant place to stay. We needed a hotel for a couple of nights near to Malaga airport (it was just over 5 minutes away) to end our trip. It was a choice of here or the Hilton Express (this hotel rate was more but offered more than a faceless concrete box near the runway). I'm glad we chose here and that we had two days to unwind. In fact we could have easily have stayed another night.

The hotel is a 4 star. I'd say that is fair. There are bits that are tired in places (such as the grouting around our bath). The hotel pool is fabulous and we had plenty of beds to choose from (there were still the bed hoggers who never materialised but not a problem for us). The bar by the pool is a bit limited and yes, more costly than the local shops - to be expected really - still cheaper than our local!!! Food service in between breakfast, lunch and dinner was limited to nuts as the sandwich and chip machine/kitchen wasn't working.

The location is by the beach in a small urbanisation for mostly holiday makers (Spanish and holiday lets I am assuming). The sand is course and dark which gets very hot (it's the charm of the area and not unique to the hotel - bring beach shoes) and a few rocky areas. The beach also has a lovely breeze, super little restaurants/bars and kiosks selling cold drinks (the hotel were not precious about bringing in big water bottles, etc) and ice creams.

There is a supermarket (it's small and doesn't have much in the way of refrigerated drinks), Simply head up the road from the main entrance (away from the beach) and there is a pizzeria and a supermarket if you want it under 5 minutes away. The hotel room had a mini bar with plenty of space for us to put our water and drinks in. This was great for us as our kids went to bed (a bunk bed in our room that they loved) so we could have a night cap on the balcony. The balcony has sea views and a huge air conditioning unit blasting out hot air and noise but was a very welcome addition as the temp in the evening at night was 35 degrees!

We had breakfast which was nice, plentiful and varied. Those who moan that it doesn't change much I'm surprised, there is pretty much every breakfast option available. We didn't eat lunch (had super food at the bar on the beach - try their tomato salad) but did have supper one evening there. It was nice. Not amazing but good value and varied again. Be warned that it states a set price for the meal which included drinks (but there is a cap of two drinks per person - I think - it wasn't entirely clear). Also we headed to breakfast at 10am and they clear away all the food at 10.30am so try to head there earlier if you like a more relaxed approach. This mostly seemed to be an all inclusive hotel for most guests and makes it a tad more tricky for those who aren't.

The check-in staff were not overly ebullient but they were efficient, offered up sufficient information and we were processed speedily enough. The animation team were French (it's a French chain) and their English was limited but my 5 year old was happy enough. It is noisy and there are games around the pool but I still managed to shut off and relax and not feel pressured to join in. The evening entertainment was left to a funny convention room with a stage set off the bar. We didn't hang around much but what we saw was odd and very much geared up to kids. So don't go here if that is a deal breaker for you.

I would say that this hotel is perfect for a short stay as a means to heading somewhere else but I think given it's location and lack of total peace it's not somewhere I would wish to spend my one or two week holiday.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank flump05
Javier T, Gerente at Sol Guadalmar by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Dear traveller,

Thank you for your big comment. We are really happy to know that your stay was a pleasant surprise.

I hope you can spend one or two of your holidays week

Warmest Regards,