“Nice property in pleasant neighbourhood”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
southern...
man
“Nice property in pleasant neighbourhood”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

This is a nicely appointed property in an upmarket area. It is within easy walking distance of the centre of the small community of Cerrado de Calderon. The supermarket, bars and restaurants are all very accessable. Its on a bus route and also on a busy road into town.The rear of the property has access to a shared swimming pool in a lovely landscaped area.
Sadly we felt let down by not being aware that the other half of the property is also let and were disturbed by a screaming child who would not settle. The drain in the upstairs shower gave off a gut wrenching stench. The downstairs bathroom had a loose toilet seat and the plug in the washbasin was jammed so that it was impossible to retain water. Directly outside the bedroom window is a street lamp which is illuminated all night. The maintenance issues and the crying baby came to our attention after the 24 hour window for raising complaints. We did text the owner but had no response.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool area
Liked least: Being deceived by the owner over the shared occupancy of the other flat.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
12 Oct 2016
With regards to your comments, please let me remark the following:
First of all and most important, you were not in a part of a house or in half of a house, you enjoyed a whole house with its own access key, with exclusive and no-shared access to the private garden and terrace that you never mention and exclusive and non shared access to common areas (swimming pool and gardens). As you say, the house belongs to a small residential community of nice houses and as usual in all kind of properties it is completely normal that a baby can cry or a dog can bark for a while sporadically, nothing unsual, rare or extrange in any case. The house next to the one you have enjoyed is not to let and has never been let to anybody.
With regards to the maintenance matters you mention, please let me inform you that the shower in the upper floor of the house has been built some months ago as even taken into account that the house is new, I try to improve every year. The property was properly cleaned before you came in. The lady in charge with this matter usually spends 6 hours to keep the house totally clean. I personally review that everything is in order before the guests come in and I have never had any query about that or any other matter.
With regards to the toilet seat in the ground floor bathroom, if you found the toilet seat uncomfortable, I cannot understand why you did not tell me to screw it when you were in the house as I would have proceed immediately. The plug in the washbasin has only to be pushed to use it if you want to retain water. Anyway, if you have problems with it, you should have told me and of course, I would have assist you in this matter too.
Finally, with regards to the lamp outside the house, please let me remind you that the window has a blind that you can use whenever you want as usually in a bedroom.
I really can't understand why you are proceeding that way. You never mentioned any query during the two weeks you stayed in the house and never mentioned anything when you left and I asked you if your stay was satisfactory. You said yes all the time.
I have been a host for almost two years and my guests use to come twice and even three times as they feel very comfortable, enjoy a beautiful house surrounded by nice swimming pool and gardens and have good attention at any time as due.
I do my best to get the house to the highest standards and try to improve year after year so I think I do not deserve your comments which I consider unfair.
In addition, please let me remark that in your concrete case I was not able to make the check out some hours later since 12:00 o'clock as I usually do when a guest ask me fot that, due to the fact that the house should be cleaned for the following guest that came the following day and it takes some hours. I am sorry if this has disturbed you but I could do nothing about this for the reason I have already mentioned.
Catherine...
Merfy
“Mrs”
Reviewed 7 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Great place to stay in Malaga. Very comfortable and quiet, a beautiful garden and swimming pool, 5 min walk from the beach and close to shops and restaurants.

Management Response
10 Oct 2016
Dear Catherine thank you very much for choosing my house to enjoy your holiday in Malaga, you will always be welcome.
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Reviewed 30 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Reviewed 28 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing