Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Tablao Los Amayas
from USD 29.00
More Info
from USD 29.00
More Info
All reviews guitar player male dancer wooden chairs authentic flamenco show intimate experience performers audience performance stage awe emotional dramatic viewing spain euro
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Our hotel, the AC Palacio, recommended this place to see an authentic flamenco show. I chose the early show and I was one of about 15 people in the audience. I enjoyed the show (which was billed as 75 minutes and lasted about an hour and five minutes - also it started about five minutes late).

Not having ever attended a flamenco show, the performers seemed authentic and I definitely enjoyed the performance.

As others have stated, the venue is a bit dated which I thought added to its charm however the tiny wooden chairs were extremely uncomfortable. I chose to stand, leaning against a column and was fine. If the show had been crowded though, I think I would have been very uncomfortable.

The free drink included in the ticket was a choice of a mixed (well) drink, beer or wine. I had prosecco and returned for a second (which I believe cost me about 3 EUR) and when I went back for one more the bartender kindly did not charge me. (It was served in a flute so it was probably about 3 oz. per drink.)

A word of warning regarding payment - the cashier did not give me the option of choosing the payment currency when I paid with a credit card (I always choose the local currency as my credit card company gives me a more favorable rate than the merchant). The charge went through as USD with a .80 conversion rate (I would have gotten .847 with my credit card company). By the time I got the receipt and saw I had been charged in USD it was too late to remedy it, other than making a stink or having them credit it and recharge it which I would have been leery of. There is even a note at the bottom of the receipt stating "...I accept that I have been offered a choice of currencies for payment..."

So I have to believe it was either a new cashier (which I don't believe is the case) or it was intentional. Left a bad taste in my mouth - for this reason alone I would not recommend the place more highly, even though the performance was good. I sense they are intentionally taking advantage of their customers. We were in Spain for nine days and I paid nearly everything with a credit card and this was the only merchant that did not give me a choice of currency.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This was an amazing, exciting show full of energy and excellent musical story telling. It's great value for money and all the performers were fantastic. It's performed in a small upstairs room that makes it an intimate experience and you sit on traditional Spanish chairs. You have a complimentary drink on arrival. What was exceptionally impressive was the hand clapping - each performer making a different 'note' and 'rhythm' that combined as a symphony. I first visited in May this year and returned in June for a second time. The youngest female performer was outstanding.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

We have been traveling around Spain for 6 weeks thus far. This was our 5th Flamenco show this trip and this performance was one of the best. Last night had 7 performers: 3 female Flamenco dancers, 1 male Flamenco dancer, 1 guitarist, 2 singers.
The male dancer was incredible, extremely tall, thin, powerful and handsome (Juan Fernandez). We had seen him in Seville a couple of weeks earlier and we're lucky to see him again. Also of note was a very young female Flamenco dancer (Paula Carmona) who was hypnotic to watch...she is about 12 years old and captivated the entire audience. This is a great venue to enjoy Flamenco. Come 20 minutes early to get best seats.

1  Thank Bross24
Tablaolosamayas, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Tablao Los Amayas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

thanks!!!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Superb playing, Singing, dancing and interaction with the audience. The mood was perfectly created by the group!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We made a reservation on Facebook and we arrived in time for the last show. It`s true, the sitting and viewing of the stage is not great and we were weary but once the performance started we were in awe, such passion and such talent, guitarist was heavenly. You have to love flamenco to like this and we loved it. Would definitely go again.

Thank gabriel .
Tablaolosamayas, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tablao Los Amayas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thanks!!