1,348 results
All reviews wave pool water park splash world main restaurant beach bar ibiza block main pool life guards family holiday kids disco big slides free bus to puerto banus evening entertainment tui rep splash area mini disco rubber rings
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Just back from a week here. To start on a positive note, the accommodation was great, we stayed in the Ibiza block with lovely views overlooking the splash pool and beach. Rooms were spotless.
On the downside, the pool water is absolutely freezing, ice cold.
The food is very poor, chicken was pink, eggs raw, salmon also inedible as it was also raw. Same food choices every evening, no variety. A tip wud be to eat the burgers/hot dogs at the beach bar in the afternoon as at least they are cooked! Never enough glasses, cups for drinks.
I think this hotel could do with having a look at the globales in Sa Coma, which has a lesser rating but is actually much better than this one.
Overall I was disappointed and wudnt return here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Polly7718
HotelesGlobales, Direccción at Globales Playa Estepona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment on tripadvisor. We are very sorry to read that you were disappointed with the food. We have taken notes and spoken with our Chèf and head waiter in order to improve service provided

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Got back yesterday from a 4 day break with my husband. We had a room in the menorca block, which is by the main pool. Room was lovely & clean, has aircon which actually works! And a mini fridge. However no water available? We bought some big bottles very cheap in the aldi 5 minutes away. The only issue with the room was I went to have a shower one night, closed the bathroom door (not locked) and the door became jammed. My husband called reception and the maintenance men arrived quickly. Told us the latches are too big for the doors so get stuck regularly? So had to bash the door to get me out!

The pools were really good, although freezing cold when you first get in but once you get used to it it's fine. The water slides were great fun, if you have kids this resort has it all for them. The beach was OK, quite quiet as most people were in the pools. Me and my husband spent a lot of time on the roof terrace above the snack bar, had lovely double sunbeds with pillows, and was very quiet up there.

The food was a little bit of a let down for me. A lot of the time it was cold, and a lot wasn't labeled so was never sure what was on offer. It is quite chaotic in the main restaurant if you go peak times, but the staff all work very hard to keep the tables clean etc. We had a meal in the beach restaurant, which has themes every night, we went on the Spanish night. Was very nice, but again slightly cold. We also had the bbq, but as this is cooked in front of your eyes this was to temp. All in all the food could be improved slightly.

Would I recommend? Yes, if you have a family then the kids will love it.

Would I come back? Yes, but never for more than a few days as there isn't a huge amount to do in the evenings for adults and the food was a bit samey.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bethany009

Dear guest,
Thank you for letting us know your feddback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We have taken notes of all your comments to keep on improving service provided.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Wow this place is amazing, so much room, so many pools and slides, great fun for kids and couples, lovely hotel and great staff. will be staying here again next year. loved it so much it was totally amazing, even had a beach photoshoot.

Room tip: Great Views at back of hotel overview of wave pool
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor. We are glad to read that you have had an amazing holidays among us.

We are looking forward to seeing you back at Globales Playa Estepona

All the very best!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I stayed at this hotel with my partner for a week. we had an amazing view of the sea and water park. when we arrived and during our stay the room was always clean. the hotel was nice was today. staff were very friendly. unfortunately the food wasn't. me and my partner had to leave half of our food every time we ate. the chicken was always pink in the middle. the food (meat wise) was always over cooked or undercooked. The soft drinks/ juice dispenser Was absolutely horrible. it tested so watered down. the plates which were left out for customers to use were dirty with big lumps of food left on it. (we even took pictures of it ) to top it all off we saw one of the cooking staff pick up fries which had fallen from the main counter back into the heating unit where the fries were kept. the place itself has average entertainment and activities to do.

I loved the hotel and the view but was very disappointed with the food and hygiene of the dining area

Room tip: wouldn't recommend if you want a hotel with good food and entertainment
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank annababg28

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comment on tripadvisor. We are very sorry to read that you were disappointed with the food. I can assure you that all our products are of the best quality. We have taken notes and spoken with our Chèf and head waiter to let them know your feedback

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I'm recently back from Globales Estephona and had an amazing two weeks with family.

The resort is modern, spotlessly clean, staff are so nice and friendly and lots of pools and entertainment throughout the day and night.

The entertainment staff are amazing. They always had a smile on their face no matter what hour of the day or night and worked and danced their legs off.

However, we booked with TUI and were told we could book seats for our flights 48 hours in advance (as TUI had our flights booked with Aer Lingus). I telephoned TUI 48 hours in advance and was told that the procedures had recently changed and that we couldn't book seats upfront and was advised to get to Dublin Airport as early as possible to guarantee the family (2 adults, a 4 year old and a 17 month old) sitting together. If we had of known this I honestly wouldn't have booked this package as this is like travelling 15 years ago and having to travel with an e-ticket and just stand and queque to get on a flight.

When we arrived at Dublin Airport Aer Lingus asked me for the infants booking details (which I advised was clearly marked on the e-ticket). The Aer Lingus representative had to go to Aer Lingus customer services to source the babies booking. She then returned and wrote down his booking number for returning home and told me to hold onto it and give it to the check-in desk on our return home. We were then told myself and the baby would not be seated with my Husband and Daughter. This as you can imagine was stressful as we had one bag with all kids snacks / toys to keep them amused on the flight. The flight was stressful trying to keep a 17 month old on my lap and occupied / fed during the flight.

After a week on the holiday we approached two TUI reps onsite and asked if there was anyway we could be seated together on the way home (asked if they had a booking reference for Aer Lingus). The rep David advise me to phone Aer Lingus in which I asked what could Aer Lingus do for me if I had booked the holiday as a package with TUI and I had no Aer Lingus reference number. He then told me to call TUI Dublin, which I did and was on hold for 40 mins with no answer. I then emailed the TUI email address that was listed on our e-ticket and never received a response.

All of the above stressed our family out that we received 0% service from TUI.

Because of this we then decided to guarantee us getting seats together going home that we would book a private transfer from the hotel to the airport (which the reception kindly organised for us). This cost us €90 but it would have cost us €60 to reserve 3 seats on the flights to and from Malaga anyway.

The private transfer was stress free, on time etc and we also got a seat together on the flight.

This hotel is amazing but I feel that if TUI continue with their 0% customer services that the hotel will lose bookings in the long-run.

Families will book their own travel to guarantee an easier travel experience, especially when travelling with young children.

Room tip: Quite rooms with sea views are block F
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Smiley2019
HotelesGlobales, Dirección at Globales Playa Estepona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank You very much for your comment on tripadvisor. There is a great teamwork to meet our client expectations. Looking forward seeing you at Globales Playa Estepona next year!
All the very best,