All reviewsbuena vistafourth floorrooms are basichotel roomshort staymain roadair conditioningnoisebalcony
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We stayed for a weekend out of season. Agree with other reviewers - clean, basic, excellent value, great location near beach and old town. We had a 5th floor room with great view over the beach. You can hear the waves on the beach - which was good as this covered the evening traffic noise from the boulevard below.
You can park for free in the congested parking round the corner - very busy though! Or pay for the underground park across the road. No dining room but 2 door along there is a small cafe for breakfast - and they do take-away coffee!

Room Tip: Get a sea view, but you will get some traffic noise
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NicckM
Reviewed 13 February 2017

On many visits to Estepona I had walked past the Hotel Buenavista without a second glance. On this visit the hotel had been booked by a friend and I was to discover just how good the Buenavista is.
Smack bang in the middle of town with easy access for a stroll through the old town a walk along the prom, or an amble to the Marina, Buenavista is perfectly sited. The rooms are basic but impeccably clean. My balcony overlooked the beach with views across to North Africa and the Rock of Gibraltar.
One criticism is that the wifi was poor on the fourth floor as it was forever drifting in and out. However on the third floor my friend found it perfect.
On checkout I was expecting to be charged 50Euro per night, but to my surprise it was a very low 30 Euro. That has to be some of the best value I've had in many years.
Do not expect four star tourist quality as this is not what is on offer. Cheap, clean and friendly that covers basic needs. Next time I'm bringing the family.

Room Tip: wifi level three or below
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2016

This hotel is not expensive but nevertheless I won't go back here. The lady at the reception did not smile one time and did not look at you while talking. The rooms are very very simple..
There was supposed to be wifi. When we told them there was no connection the receptionist acted as though this was new but it was obvious that they knew already...

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank mmm187
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Firstly, the woman who is on reception most of the time is as miserable as everyone says. I tried being friendly but it made no difference which is weird for a not very big hotel.
My room, however, was very welcoming and cosy with a double bed and cushions. I was on the second floor and had a lovely sea view although the road is very busy and there is no double glazing (more of a problem in the early morning than late at night). The location is great except for the bus station being 1.8 km away.
The old town, which is quite big, is absolutely gorgeous. I had always wanted to go there and was glad I did, I was only there for 3 nights because I was moving on to meet up with family but I'd like to spend longer there. It was very Spanish, unlike most resorts on the Costa del Sol.
I could find very little that was affordable for a solo traveler and this was more than I would usually pay for room only. It was between this and the Mediterraneo which doesn't have proper balconies. It was a pity there wasn't a fridge and I wished I had a kettle (seems to matter more if you're not having breakfast). If there were more of you self catering might be a good option.
There is a restaurant but it wasn't open early enough for breakfast - I didn't eat there at all. There is a hot drinks machine which is only 80 cents but the drinks are tiny. There is a cafe next door and there are loads of places in the town to get a cheap basic breakfast. It is a nice place to float around eating bits and pieces.
I would probably stay there again unless I was going with someone and could find an affordable apartment

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a lovely view but the higher the floor the better because of the traffic
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2016

I don't enjoy writing a poor review for what I imagine is an independant/family hotel, however, Buenavista is seriously poor.

We booked the hotel knowing that it was two star. Our experience of two star hotels in Spain is that they are functional but well looked after and I had no qualms booking Buenavista. Estepona has a paucity of central hotels and I thought a room, with a terrace overlooking the sea, in a good location, would compensate for any lack of luxury.

Sadly, I was completely wrong. The woman at reception was as rude and disinterested as other reviewers have mentioned. I don't think she meant to be rude but chatting to her friends seemed more important than dealing with guests. We were allocated a room on the first floor so had little view of the sea, being feet above a busy road meant that we could not even talk to each other on the terrace due to the traffic noise. A request to more higher up, despite the hotel being very quiet, was declined.

The room was of a very poor quality. The terrace door's lock was broken so we had no security and the wifi did not work.

I honestly cannot think of a redeeming feature of the hotel. We were booked for four nights but left after one. They did not seem bothered in any way.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple