1,082 results
All reviews nudist beach sea view shared lounge beach beds bedroom suite the beach is great huge bed hand rails adult pool mercadona supermarket pool bar euro taxi ride modern hotel breakfast and dinner chocolate fountain the hotel offers bath shower
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We visited this hotel as a 4 person family group with other friends. The exclusive rooms were great. very comfortable and spacious - lovely views across the pool and the beach. Food was good, we were half board - the variety could have been better - not sure how we would have fared for a longer stay than 5 nights.
We flew into Gibraltar and hired a car, a very easy drive.
The pool was a real hit, temperature was good for May, the grounds were clean and well-maintained.
Lovely break

Stayed: June 2017
Mari Carmen L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Fuerte Estepona, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you have enjoyed the room and hotel. We take note about your comments in order to improve our food variety.

We hope to welcome you in a future.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We loved our short stay at the Fuerte where the staff made us feel really welcome and took care of our every need
The rooms were very clean and spacious with a huge bed and a lovely bathroom, we even had a shared lounge between our 2 rooms and two big terraces
The visit was for a surprise anniversary party and the staff helped us with taxi, timings etc
Great pools too , we relaxed around the adult pool where there were plenty of sun beds and the water was just right for cooling off in!
I really did not want to come home and would recommend this hotel to friends and family
Thank you Carmen and all the great friendly staff for making our stay so enjoyable

Room Tip: Block 5 was great for us overlooking adult pool
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Mari Carmen L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Fuerte Estepona, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review about our Hotel in Tripadvisor. We are so happy to read that you have very enjoyed your stay and that you have relaxed well. It is very important to us to make feel our Guests like at home, so we do really hard work in order to give best service.

We hope to welcome you back in a future.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We booked this hotel to stay in July for a week as we were going to a Wedding which was in Carares. There were 4 couples in which we all had lovely big rooms. The only disappointing thing was all our rooms looked out on to the main road which was at the front of the hotel. Rooms were all very clean. Beds all king size. Bathroom bright and spacious, with clean towels every day.
Management and Staff all very friendly nothing too much trouble. The lady in the shop on site at the hotel was lovely and friendly. As we were breakfast only we ordered fresh bread off her she even asked the time we would like it and would have it all ready for us. Staff always ordered our taxis when we needed them. Even for the wedding day they arrange our taxis and had a glass of procesco waiting for us in reception.
Food at breakfast was always a very good choice and bar meals in outside pool bar were very good.
2 pools in which one was a children's and the other was adults only. This pool suited us very spacious and quite.
Beach not that good but this didn't spoil anything.
Car would be recommend. The Wedding took up 3 of our days and nights, but on other nights we went to Estepona harbour for a meal - Duquesa not to be missed lovely harbour - On our last night we went to Estepona square again not too be missed. We also had a night at the hotel in which we watched a fab show Beauty and the Beast.

Stayed: July 2017

Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for your stay in Hotel Fuerte Estepona and for your great review on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you have very enjoyed your stay here with us. Regarding the rooms, they were the booked standard rooms with views to the street.

We look forward to welcome you back in a future.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I wish I could give this place no stars.

The hotel rooms are large and fairly good quality, but the horrific service makes this a place not to visit.

The hotel layout isn't the best, it's very big, but to spaced out.

The food is absolutely disgusting. See images of the totally raw chicken served to my by room
Service. They then tried switching my receipt when they bought a replacement burger so I couldn't prove I had the chicken! This wasn't undercooked chicken, this was fresh out of the packet raw. There was no offer of compensation either at the time or at checkout, even though I had eaten some of the chicken before realising and by checkout was extremely ill. I have visited a lot of places but never been treated with such hostility and contempt.

The beach was a building site, and they fail to mention on the website that there is a nudist beach next to the hotel. I had to ask two gentlemen to stop what they were doing in the bushes as I walked past with my children to go see the beach.

The place is a dump. Should be shut down. See my other reviews, I'm a fair person, this place is the pits.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank JasonGargan
Mari Carmen L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Fuerte Estepona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear JasonGargan,
Many thanks for your review. I remember the incident as we told in person during your stay in June and we took actions with our Chef. I understand that our hotel did not fulfil your expectations and we are sorry about that. If in future you would like to come back to our hotel, please contact me directly to make sure you get another impression of our hotel.
Best Regards,
Mari Carmen López, guestrelations manager

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have been there with my family for 9 nights in July 2017,hotel location is on beach with two swimming pools (one for adults and one for kids) ,my room was two bedroom apartment (2 floors) including small kitchen with sea view .
The beach is not private ,the hotel just has direct access to it and the you have to pay 6 or 7 euro if want beach chairs .most of the hotel staff were not cooperative with no smile and dealing with me is not guest oriented and may be this has an impact on hotel business . there are two car parking, one outdoor free parking and the other one is basement parking(not free).you need to hire a car because nothing within walking distance except one supermarket located on other side of the road(Mercdona ), The distance by car ,Estepona is 10 minutes,Marbella is 30 minutes and Malaga is one 1:30 hour .one more ,there is naked center near the beach .

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Mari Carmen L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Fuerte Estepona, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Muhammad,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. We hope that you have overall enjoyed your stay with your family in Hotel Fuerte Estepona. We take note about your comments about our service in order to improve it.