All reviews sister hotel star hotel location is great bars restaurants air conditioning tourist attractions old town very nice hotel comfortable bed nuevo parking car fridge cleanliness toiletries castle
Reviewed 5 July 2018

We have just returned from a one week stay at this 2 star hotel. It is a budget hotel but our experince of the good points were the large spacious room, really comfortable bed, good air conditioning and cleanliness thanks to the cleaners who left our room spotless every day with clean towels etc. Parking? we did not have a car and a great bus system only a few hundred meters away. Food? you are minutes away from a multitude of choices in both costs and choices. The lift is small? yes it is but when you first arrive and leave we did the trip one at a time. Noise from street and guests? Not the hotels fault if people are inconsiderate and yes heard noise at 3 am but people want to go out and enjoy themselves??? All in all we had a wonderful time and found the staff helpful and friendly and would happly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Some rooms are not renovated so if you booked superior and get one of those- you will need to ask for a different, adequate room. Houskeepers friendly, room was clean. However, receptionists were very unfriendly and unhelpful. It's sad really. When I was visiting this hotel it was a part of a AccorHotels group. Not anymore, plus, it is a 2 stars hotel now, was 3 or even 4 then.
In addition I must mention about downstairs restaurant where tourists are being ripped off with final bills by adding things they didn't order. Very rude and unpleasant.

Room Tip: Watch out when paying the bill in the restaurant downstairs.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Juan S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Torreluz Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

We appreciate your comment and we inform you that the hotel Torreluz Centro two stars has 24 rooms completely renovated and with the same decoration, distinguishing some only for its larger size.
This hotel since its opening has always been managed independently, by the same company and has never belonged to chain.
We apologize that some misunderstanding would make your stay not entirely satisfactory, and we hope you will trust us again for future visits.

Regards.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I have reviewed this hotel previously and would not have bothered again had it not been for the very helpful member of staff.
Firstly the hotel as stated before is excellent value for money and in the centre of the old town very close to bars and restaurants.
On this occasion on arriving at the hotel my husband discovered he had lost his wallet, we had a good idea where he may have misplaced it, on informing one of the reception staff ( I'm sorry to say I cannot remember his name), he made several telephones and located the wallet for us, the wallet was eventually collected by us at the police station in Nijar , all contents intact. Lovely service and just goes to shows there still a lot of honest folk about.
We will return to this hotel when we visited again next year.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Juan S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Torreluz Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for you coment.

Thanks.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had to stay at this hotel for over 2 weeks while we found a flat. For a 2* hotel, we were pleasently surprised by the service we received and the cleanliness of the room. The wifi is fast and included in the room price, which made life easier for us while we searched for somewhere to live. I think that there isn't a great deal of difference between the 4* rooms at the sister hotel Torreluz Nuevo apart from they look more modern.

The maids and the reception staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had to keep adding more nights onto the room due to not having found anywhere, we were worried because online it said the hotel was sold out, but the reception always found a way for us to keep the room on.

I wouldn't bother paying the 7-9€ per person for the breakfast as you can get it cheap in a variety of places near the hotel.
The location is great, in the city centre and near all the tourist attractions. The beach is about a 25 minutes walk or you can get buses just down the road too.

All in all, great location, friendly staff, good quality for a 2* hotel. The only thing I wish we had was a fridge. I'd recommend for a short city break stay for somewhere to rest.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel with our nephew for 1 night. I have traveled a lot in Europe, and I would describe our family hotel room as spacious! The entry room has a couch that folds out into a bed, along with a small table, chair, and wall-mounted flatscreen television. The bedroom had a large bed, table, chair, bathroom with double sinks, mini refrigerator, and wall-mounted flatscreen television. These two spaces were separated by a door - excellent for privacy! Each area had its own individually regulated air conditioning, which was also a plus. Air was cool and refreshing - important in the summer heat!

The staff was helpful, even jumping in our car to escort us to parking around the block at the back of the building.

We stored light groceries in the mini refrigerator. The room had lots of light and was clean. The hotel is situated in a quiet area.

We did not see much of the city during our stay, but were able to easily walk to restaurants and churches nearby.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family