All reviews old town recommend this hotel altstadt comfort germany bathroom location parking meters sights
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The room was very small, but one night was ok. The receptionist was really nice and helped me out with every question I had. This hotel is very close to most touristical sites. It is in a quiet street (well, I stayed there from Friday to Saturday). Breakfast was good. I could walk from the hotel to the train central, but I was not carrying any suitcase, just a small backpack so it was ok to walk. For those who have suitcases, I would not recommend walking as it would take longer and it would be tiring. I could visit most places around the area and I found Lübeck a very interesting place. It was a clean room, good location, although not a cheap hotel but its location is perfect for someone who doesn't like noisy areas. I would recommend the rooms on the higher floors for those who don't like a room near the pavement of the street, like mine. On the whole, I had a really nice stay here

Room Tip: Please, choose the rooms on the upper floors. Don't choose first floor if you don't like noise from the street (people walking very close to your window and some cars as well)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Geraldo F
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very friendly hotel in a good location in Lubeck. Very quick walk to the restaurants etc. Excellent spread for breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Decor in the rooms was a bit outdated but bathrooms very modern and clean. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank V0000
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The title says it all: The hotel is small and located in an side alley behind the theatre. The staff was very friendly and helped me with several things. And the location is perfect. It is in the city center of Luebeck where all the sight seeing attractions are.

The room: I booked a single room. It was a little bit tiny but ok. I usually use to place to sleep or use the bathroom and not for dancing. The bathroom on the other side was a little bit too small. But this is an old building and I believe that they installed the bathroom several years after the house was built. The bathroom had a very modern style. The sliding door was a nifty idea to save space. The desk in the room looked antique. It gave a nice contrast to the style of the bathroom.

Breakfast: Was also good. The have it all. Tea, coffee, toast, yam, cerials, srambled eggs, beacon. It was a nice start into the day.

Around the hotel: Like I mentioned, the hotel is in the city center. All attractions are avaible within a walk of a few minutes. The street Fischergrube is on the backside of the theatre. It is a quiet place. The lower end of the street is a little bit shabby.

There is only one disadvantage: No parking space! The whole city center of Lübeck has this problem. All space is reserved for residents or you pay a lot of money. Therefore I would recommend this hotel for people who are arriving by bus or train. (I lived in Lübeck, therefore I know where to park my car. There are some places nearby where you can park free after 6pm and before 8am, but not many)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Seidenpriester
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The Klassik is in the centre of Lubeck so most sites and restaurants are within easy walking distance. We had a junior suite which was fairly spacious, light and airy. The large windows looked over the street, which was quite noisy at night with groups of people walking back from the centre. It probably wouldn't have been a problem except that we hit a heat wave and wanted the windows open so had to choose between heat and noise. There was no air con or fan but my impression is that Lubeck doesn't have a problem with heat that often. I was also wary of a step in the elegant bathroom, we managed not to trip or fall on it, but it could have been nasty if we did. There were rooms at the back of the hotel which could be quieter. That said, the hotel was a pleasant place to stay, the staff welcoming and the breakfast providing a good choice of the usual items, with coffee and tea better than average. There isn't a lift, wifi is free. Lubeck itself is a gem with some great places to visit and to eat at.

Room Tip: We had junior suite, room 55, noise from road if double glazed windows open. No lift.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SPJ17
Reviewed 28 April 2013

First the possitive: The hotel had a good standard with nice location and freindly staff.
The negative: No hot water in the morning. Dont expect much but with the price of the suite I do expect hot water. We know that this problem wasnt in all rooms? Maybe the hotel couldnt do anything about it, but a discount on the price would have been in order.
The breakfast is not worth writing about. Standard/poor.
The hotel webpage says that there is a restaurant. There isnt unless you are 8 people or more. This I can live with because the city have lots of great restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family