All reviews room facing overnight stop main station room was large city centre hotel is located berlin tv
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

While the staff was friendly enough, the room was ok-ish. The bed was really springy. So much so that we really didn't get much sleep. Given that it was one of the cheaper rooms in town, we felt that we have stayed in hostels that were much nicer and cost effective.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2017

The hotel was centrally located in Magdeburg. The room was nicw big and well furnished but also a little worn. I felt it still had a little bit of DDR atmosphere. Unfortunatly I was awakened several times by a heavy glass door just outside my room slamming hard.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I recently stayed here for three nights during a business trip to Magdeburg. The location is excellent, near the city center (about 20 minute pleasant walk from the train station). I was impressed by the friendly staff. I had a package sent to me at the hotel before the trip, and it was waiting for me in the room when I arrived. The rooms are clean and spacious. I thought that the bathroom was clean and fairly decent sized. There was a free wi-fi that worked well in my room.

I did not try the breakfast, as I thought that the price was a little high (18 euros). Looking at the spread, it was impressive, but all-you-can eat buffets like this make me just want to eat too much!

About the only thing that you could say negative is that the decor is somewhat dated. However, if I were to come to Magdeburg again, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We had a short stop over to break up a long train ride, stayed one night but wished we had planned for a second night. The hotel is an interesting facility, still has the feel of a 1970's luxury property in all the good ways. Lots of spacious public areas, lots of wood. Good breakfast, friendly staff. Excellent location near major shopping and tram lines.

The city of Magdeburg gets a surprisingly rough ride from the guidebooks and on line "experts". Its post war rebuild is one of broad streets and big buildings rather than the restoration of the "old city" that you see in some other better known European centres. But everything is in great shape, excellent public transit network, and the area around the river and the cathedral is beautiful. Don't be put off by what you read, stay another day, we wish we had.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Was there on business trip for multiple nights and enjoyed the spacious rooms, friendly staff, spotless cleanliness and the very good breakfast. So overall it was alright, but nothing special. Interior design has skipped a couple of decades (on the pro side is a wooden floor though - good for travellers with dust allergies), i have hardly ever seen such a small TV (must have been 17 inch) and the pool hours are very limited on the weekends. Centrally located - watch out you get a room facing inside the U-shaped building. Worst of all there was no A/C in the room, summer days are no fun there...
Free WIFI was just established a couple of weeks ago, speed was rather slowish.

Room Tip: get a room with even number as they face inside the u-shaped building
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business