All reviews rooms are small great hotel noise rathaus city amenities
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a good area, next to the station and in easy walking distance for the main sights of Magdeburg. The station is being renovated, but there we no noise issues. The whole area was also extra quiet as the local trams had been rerouted - although they are not too far away. I was given a replacement room very quickly when I highlighted that the lock in the first room had failed - a member of staff was off duty but still stayed around to sort out the issue - excellent service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

The staffs were friendly. The (suit) room was great. Sometimes I couldn’t sleep at night as I heard chairs moved upstairs. Perhaps there was a renovation. Oh and also the train sounds passing by I heard too. I guess my ears are too sensitive.
Moreover, this hotel is perfect for people who’d like to explore Magdeburg. It’s not far from Hundertwasser house, the Zitadelle.
The main train station is just near by and thanks to this hotel who gave us a card. By using this intercity free card, we used buses to Egeln and S Bahn around Magdeburg. I can imagine if we must pay a day ticket which is 15€/ps and we’re 4 people and 2 kids!
For food, breakfast buffet was OK. For dinner, we tried Asian food in City Caree which is just few meters ahead and 3 restaurants near Rathaus, the city hall.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I'm here with my 14 year old daughter and we have a twin room. The rooms are small but have all you need in them. The breakfast is excellent a great selection of everything. the staff are really helpful. It's a nice touch to have the free local transport passes though we are walking to most places as there's lots of arty bits to see.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stayed here for a family event and the hotel was booked for us for two nights. Next time in Magdeburg, we will not stay here. The hotel needs a serious update. The room we were given had bad staining on the carpet and something sticky! We immediately went back to the desk and asked for another room. It was marginally better. Carpet was stained but at least not sticky. The bathroom was ok but the shower was small and there were no amenities. Make sure you have your own shampoo, conditioner and shower gel! The towels were old and worn. Housekeeping knocked on the door at 8:30 a.m. I think this is a bit early. They came back later in the day and made up the room but did not replace the towels that we had left on the floor (to indicate we wanted them changed). They just hung them up. There is no control of the air conditioning in the room aside from opening the window. No screens on the windows and we had wasps come in so we chose to close the windows during the night. This made for a hot, difficult sleep.
Location is good for sight seeing and shopping. The breakfast is very good, food was fresh and well presented. It seemed like the bar was never open (although we were not really looking to use it as we were visiting family).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train station. You could ask but good luck getting a clean carpet and bathroom!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2017

This hotel sits right next to the main train station. Don't get a room in the back as all the windows open up on the train tracks and boarding platforms. Room was worn, stains in carpet. There is no AC so on hot nights you have to open windows then you have all the noise from the trains. The lobby area and breakfast were nicer. Staff was very helpful and cordial, but rooms were not nice. Wifi was not working. This hotel needs an upgrade. If not for the staff would not be worth a stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends