All reviews rooms are small great hotel noise rathaus city amenities
Reviewed 30 July 2015

I have stayed in an InterCity hotel before so I have my expectations adjusted. Considering that I was supposed to be accommodated in a junior suite, I must say I was disappointed nonetheless. The room did not seem to be 24 sqm in size. The bathroom still cramped. Thankfully, the dining area was not that bad. And yes, you can hear the noise from the railway station.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2015

stayed overnight. Hotel nice and clean, Food good, service good. Our room overlooked that railway track to station next door but funnily enough we were not unduly disturbed by the noise.....we must have been too tired! Not the sort of hotel for a holiday but fine if passing through. Given a free city transport pass which was very thoughtful so we did get a trip round the town on the tram, interesting town.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2015

We stayed in this Hotel after a long Coach Trip with National holidays, Hard too find due to road works, hotel was clean, food was fine, with trains running all night with train announcements every 30 minutes very hard to sleep, room was at the back of the Hotel overlooking train tracks and next to the Train statiion

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front of the hotel unless you like TRAIN noises
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2015

The hotel is right beside the Main Train Station in Magdeburg. Although the city was almost dead during my 4 day stay in March'15. The hotel was always filled with sounds from the railway tracks.. My Boss was very pissed off coz he could not sleep those nights at all. Rooms were standard business.. This hotel is not for couples and old people please stay away. Breakfast was good with many options as its usual at all the InterCity Hotels in Germany. Wifi was the worst in this 4G age of telecommunication.. they had free 256KB/sec for free.. I preferred using my cell phone over the free service. Yes they have fast service but you need to pay extra..

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank SandyDepp
Reviewed 13 January 2015

I stayed at the InterCity hotel on a recent visit to Magdeburg. I needed to be close to the railway station, and this was a perfect hotel for me to stay in. The room was fairly basic, but it was warm and comfortable, and had a view across the railway lines behind the hotel.

Breakfast was the usual InterCity buffet, and was very good, although the breakfast room was extremely busy, which wasn't particularly comfortable.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to other visitors to Magdeburg, particularly to those who need to be near the station. A video review that I made of the hotel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwydHBnVpi0 .

Room Tip: If you don't want noise from the trains, ask for a street facing room.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business