“Zoo visit on a wet Sunday”

Leipzig Zoo (Zoologischer Garten Leipzig)
Ranked #1 of 156 things to do in Leipzig
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was sceptical about this zoo visit as I love all wildlife and animals in pens it doesn't sit easy with me. However my wife was keen to visit and it is very accessible being very close to the city centre (within walking distance of the Seaside Park Hotel). It was a revelation, as a layman, all the animals looked in good condition and what I saw of their enclosures appeared very interesting in layout and clean and all the animals looked relatively comfortable and well cared for.
There were large areas of the exhibits that were covered-over (stadium style) so you could wander around and keep relatively dry even on a rainy day as we experienced.
There were adequate toilet and welfare facilities and all were very clean, tidy and well-maintained. Restaurant areas were plentiful with wide and varied offerings. All in all a great place to visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,866)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What can I say about this place it was brilliant!!! Very clean all the animals looked to be happy in large enclosures. For me the best part was under the dome in the tropical forest the boat ride and rope bridges were fab.I would highly recommend this for anybody to visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my wife both loved the zoo. Place is clean, animals look happy, and when you think tbat you visited all, you find more stuff to see. We've been whole day there and definately will come again, with childrens next time

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visit this zoo for first time and marking of the zoo is great and animals are beautiful and clean...

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is I think this the best zoo I have ever visited. There are no cages and the animals live in their normal habitat, they have a lot of room and the parks are very interesting and they have a lot for kids