“Addictive pastry”

Ranked #3 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Leipzig
Neighbourhood: Zentrum
Neighbourhood: Zentrum
Reviewed 8 November 2017

When in Leipzig, go to Cafe Restaurant Kandler (in front of the Thomaskirche) and order Leipziger Lerchen and/or Leipziger Räbchen to go with your espresso or capuccino! You won't be disappointed! The ambience was nice and the service was very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Stopped here after visiting St Thomas. The girls behind the counter acted annoyed I went up there to order, told me to sit down and they would be with me. Ok, I guess I didn't know! Then I kindly went in and asked them to show me where we were on a local map. They looked at each other and neither would answer, very clearly irritated with me! I had to BEG them to show me where we were on the map. It was ridiculous. Worst service I've ever had, any where in the world. Wouldn't have killed them to fake being nice!

1  Thank valtravelpal
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

In the middle of the street hiding the best coffee and the best cakes in leipzig. If you are here, you don't want to miss it. Go there.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Called in for a tea and cake.
I thought around 15 euros for an average earl grey and very average cake for two of us was a little over the top.
The location is good but we will not be returning.
Owners response will be interesting.

Reviewed 17 October 2014

We were late with breakfast this Tuesday, but after visiting the Thomaskirche we needed this 'pampering' badly. Beautiful shop, classical german delicacies, chique pies not to neglect.

1  Thank Dick V

Been to Kandler? Share your experiences!