See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 December 2014

Arena City Leipzig hotel offers good value for money. Hotel opened in 2012 in an completely restored old building; therefore everyting is comparatively new.
Standard rooms are rather small (15 sqm) and most rooms face the Waldstrasse which is generally quiet except for the noisy tram.
Very nice and clean bathroom, however no shower curtain; therefore bathroom gets easily wet while taking a shower.
Breakfast o.k.; nothing excpetional. Good choice for 1-2 days. Parking is difficult due to residential area.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DGE2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Hotel is located 10 minutes walk to the downtown area.
During the night there was no person at the reception.
No phone in the room, not enought shampoo & soap on bathroom and the fridge was empty. Also if you need WI-FI you must paid approx 5 euro for 24 h.
BUT there were two heart shaped chocolates on the pillow :) &&& the staff was very attentiv!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Corina G
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Lying on the bed, looking up on the ceiling, we saw cobweb, dust and dirt! Can be seen on photo.

Radiator in room and towel radiator in bathroom were turned down by the cleaning-maid daily. We only turned them up to level "2" due to medical reasons for one of us. Nothing extravagant in March.

We paid the extra for the breakfast. The attention from the servants were very different from day to day. We experienced lack of plates, scrambled egg, BREAD! (had to say it to the receptionist) and COFFEE!! On one occasion we had to ask the servant for two cups of coffee, which then were brewed cup by cup. On another occasion we simply took one of the thermos from the counter, without asking anyone.
PS: There were on these occasions between 6 and 12 guests eating breakfast – and.... one or two servants....

The receptionists were polite and smiling, but one of them did not have enough English for the job.

It is totally lousy style and greedy, to charge customers €2 pr. day for the use of the socalled refrigerator, which is nothing but an empty mini-bar.

In our opinion, a 4-star MUST have a 24 hour reception!!

The way of getting access to the wi-fi is – to put it mildly – extremely old fashioned. See the pile of print-outs we got from a 3½ days stay on the photo.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Insanely rude staff with no concept of service towards a paying customer. The worst incident, echoing another review below, was returning quite late one night to discover that my keycard did not work at the entrance. As the hotel is bizarrely not attended by any staff after 8pm, they have a phone number listed on a sheet stuck to the door to call for such an occurrence. Bear in mind, this is 1am on a cold, snowy night in Leipzig. I call, and no one answers. And I keep calling. After *45 MINUTES* of trying, eventually someone answers and gives me the code for the keypad, and then, once inside another code to open a safe, where there is a keycard that apparently can open any room in the hotel. Think about that – without asking for any identification, or my room number, or indeed anything to prove that I was a guest, they simply gave me information which any passer by could call up (remember, the phone number is publicly visible on the door), and gain access to anyone's room. While on the one hand I was relieved to get into the hotel, as a guest, this is a frighteningly bad security issue.

On checking out, I dared to suggest that this was something of a problem, and was met with utter indifference from the receptionist, which was the usual response to any kind of minor request during my stay, so at least I wasn't surprised.

It goes without saying but I'll say it anyway – absolutely not recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank WD_London
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I would say this was a fairy new hotel, but they started of well. The rooms are very nice and well furnished, all the comfort is there except WiFi. Beds were to my liking and it was very spacious. The reception was not always occupied but this did give not any problem for check-in. The breakfast was very good, also the italian restaurant next to eat was great. There was no bar, maybe because they just opened, I don't know but there was a vending machine with very fair prices. I would recommend this hotel at any time for a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business