All reviews tram line room was clean motorway balcony beds bathroom breakfast
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel was not so easy to find by car when driving from the centre of Leipzig but apparently there is excellent publc transport close by. Computer and printer in reception which was useful for printing our flight boarding passes. We had our dinner in the restaurant and although the menu wasn't in English with our Deutsch and the waiters both speaking very good English we managed to order.
Just a pity that there is no tea and coffee provided in the room which seems to be normal in Germany but for this price of hotel we would have expected it.Staff were all helpful.

Room Tip: We had one on the 4th floor but the location is quiet anyway. Trams could be heard but this didn't affect our sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Global59
Reviewed 31 March 2014

When we ran out of staying power on our trip from Wroclaw to Holland, we came off the motorway (3-4 minutes) in the hope we could find a room. They did, at a reasonable price and a very nice room with breakfast included. Beds were large and comfortable. For a budget hotel, everything worked, was clean, service at check-in, in the bar and at breakfast was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed in Leipzig during the Book Fair so a hotel with decent price was hard to find, so I chose this one despite it's distant location, especially regarding the Fair centre. However, I was very pleased with this hotel! It's a 20-30 mins by tram, but it's right next to the tram stop. The room was large and clean, the bed was nearly perfect. The bathroom was also large and perhaps recently renewed. The staff and their service was very friendly. I found the breakfast also very good. I had dinner in the hotel too and was very satisfied with my meal (there aren't really restaurant choices in that area). The only thing that did not work was the WiFi, but the customer computer in the lobby worked fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frida30
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was in Leipzig on business and stayed one night in this hotel. I didn't know what my company booked, so when I saw this communist-style apartment block house - I wasn't impressed. But it was all only better from there on. The staff was professional, friendly and fast (we were a big group of people). The room was big, really nothing fancy, but well maintained, taken care of and clean. There was a balcony with a garden chair in it. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet, despite a tram line passing some 50 meters away from the building. That didn't really disturb my sleep.
Breakfast was by no standards good, I saw comments saying otherwise, but in my opinion - it's at most OK. The buffet selection was quite limited and the food was not really top quality. Eggs and sausage were OK, but if you wanted italian/french style breakfasts - you would be out of luck. Pastries were bad and not fresh.
Overall, what matters is that the place was clean, well maintained and the sleep was good. It was a good experience and a positive surprise. If you're OK with basic German breakfast and not-so-central location - this hotel is a good option.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Simas_Aleksiejunas
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Was at the concert in Leipzig with a friend, as we didn't have the hotel booked, we tried the first we saw around the venue (good to situate hotel in tall building). Windorf had a free room for us, price was OK, room was clean. Splendid breakfast room and breakfast itself was really great, I spent two hours having a breakfast and reading newspapers in such a nice surroundings. Good memories.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business