“Impressive!!”

Cuisines: Diner, Deli, German, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Radeberger Vorstadt
Description: A lot of homeland insists of our concept. Marcus Blonkowski uses in his kitchen mostly handpicked seasonal products of the Saxon region. Therefore we are closely working together with the fish farm in Moritzburg or the trout farm „Am Lachsbach“, in Saxon Switzerland. Meat and beer are delivered from Missionshof Lieske near Kamenz. And not to forget „Onkel Franz“, who knows Saxons farmers by name and deliveres their agricultural products up to our door. And on top of that: We look beyond one’s own cultural horizon of Saxony (Germany), as we like to offer you qualitative variety. As soon as we are having winter season and limited choice of products other countries are having efficient and economic boom. And this is what we like to use for our business. This is why we are going on vacation through different regions and countries of Europe. You will then find our impressions within our current menu.
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

I must have agreed with all the good reviews given to this lovely restaurant! Everything in this restaurant has a WOW factor! My husband and i decided to order their 3 sets of surprised menu and honestly we don't regret it! It costed 35€ but it was worth it. They gave us 2 small plates treats from the restaurants before the actual course. Each food that were sent to us bring us joy. I keep saying Wow! Yum! Lecker! The Waitresses are lovely, sweet and friendly and speaks perfect English. I would definitely come back since i had the best lunch ever!

My tips : If you are looking for something different to dine (food especially) and trust the Chef surprise Menu, i would recommend, GO FOR IT! The surprise menu really impress me! Top! I Love it!!!!

2  Thank n981
Write a reviewReviews (557)

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Extreme value for the money with excellent food, both in terms of taste and technicality. All the dishes would have been suitable for a Micheline start restaurant.

1  Thank MagnusS207
Reviewed 25 May 2016

This restaurant is a culinary wonder. I selected it for my birthday dinner, having been impressed by their attitude to food on their website - "...just using handpicked, seasonal products, which they have chosen during visits of suppliers and breeders in the Saxon region" and "Our chefs would be more than happy to take you on a culinary journey through our menu". I knew to expect hand-selected, high-quality local ingredients, prepared creatively by chefs with a real passion for food. This is exactly what I found to be the case - the restaurant didn't disappoint in any way. The food was presented delightfully - remember, you eat with your eyes first - and in a way that added to the feeling of elegance. The atmosphere managed to be simultaneously sophisticated and relaxed, and the staff were helpful and enthusiastic. Perfect.

Date of visit: February 2016
3  Thank chrisaS6064HN
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We had a leisurely lunch here in an intimate setting with superb service and excellent food. The offerings, if not inspired, are well prepared with the best ingredients. A thoroughly enjoyable experience, not to be missed.

Date of visit: August 2015
2  Thank herotidus
Reviewed 10 May 2016

The quality of the ingredients and the care taken with the cooking shone like a beacon at sea. The service was excellent; we liked everything about it. One gripe. Portion size was barely adequate. The cucumber+gin sorbet was to die for as was the veal, the asparagus, even the potatoes!

1  Thank txeh