All reviews small shopping mall power supply boutique style design hotel partial view rooftop bar direct access excellent location old town central location modern rooms walk in shower fantastic hotel an extra bed rain shower international hotel main square
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

This area is the best location in Dresden's old city, surrounded by cafes and restaurants within walking distance of the amazing sights - the old palace, museums, churches and the huge tiled mural. The restoration in the last 20 years is impressive considering the damage of WWII.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

In terms of location this hotel cannot be beaten. It is in the very middle of the old town, you step right out into some of the most iconic views.

And the room I am in is gigantic. You end up bursting for a pee on the long walk to the bathroom ;-) There's literally a maze of corridors and rooms within the room.

The room is very well appointed. I particularly like the desk, with it's own power supply and desklight, in the middle of the room, not stuck against the wall in the normal hotel style.

The shower is huge and there is a separate bath, and the basin and toilet are separate from both.

I am not quite sure why there is an extra bed set up in here, probably a misunderstanding of my booking, but the room is so vast that it doesn't matter.

The only downside of the vastness of the room is the distance from the bed to the TV. You can scarcely see it on the far wall. But there is a sofa half way between.

Getting the idea? It's a _big_ room.

And considering the location, size and amenities, the price isn't too bad. I booked at the very last minute for a Saturday night and it was €130.

The WiFi is free and fast.

Also, because the centre of Dresden is largely pedestrianised, it is surprisingly quiet. There were a few drunken shouts from the square, but all before midnight.

Reception is friendly and helpful. So what's not to like?

Well, two things:

I booked through AMOMA and the experience was _terrible_. The worst thing is that it is compulsory to enter your phone number, but you can only put in German numbers! So, an international hotel in a tourist city centre and you can't put in a foreign mobile? Der!

€26 for breakfast is an absolute rip-off. That's ⅔ of what I paid for bed _and_ breakfast two nights ago. I will not pay €26 for an egg. It doesn't matter hugely as there are 100 restaurants in walking distance, but it's still annoying to be ripped-off and it nearly lost them a star, but everything else is so good, I relented.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TimothyNathan38
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I checked in into Vienna House QF Dresden and had my car parked in a different garage. I had never been to Dresden before and somehow I got confused with constructions ongoing, pedestrian areas, etc.
Mandy at reception is a real superstar - she organized my car being brought to the hotelgarage, so I could attend my meeting.
The konference room on the 6th floor is beautiful and the coffee breaks were provided with a lot of personal touch and great service!
The balcony allows great views around in the shadow of the famous Frauenkirche.
I finished the meeting and went to my room - if you look for pampering yourself - book suite 518, the design, the materials used the bathroom is huge and wll lit - beds are just heavenly.

Breakfast was a delight - Augustus, the waiter, probably named after the famous king who laid grounds for the beauty of that city, was attentative, friendly and communicative.

Whenever in Dresden again - the Vienna House QF is a must!

Thank you for making my stay so special!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2017

It's middle in the old town and everything is in a walking distance. The rooms are modern and very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was good, the service excellent and not overcrowded and calm, what's important for us. There is no restaurant inside the hotel only a little bar, but that doesn't matter, because there are a lot of restaurants around the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank DoMoe
Management response:Responded 1 September 2017

Dear Guests, it was a pleasure having had you here in Desden. Thank you so much for your time writing such a nice review! We wish you all the best and remain with kind regards from Dresden! Dorit v. der Osten

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Location is top notch, so was my room incl a terrace as booked. Frome there, you have a partial view of the dome of Frauenkirche, really amazing.

The room in itself was outstanding. I have rarely if ever felt as comfortable in a hotel room.

Breakfast: truly excellent. Also very good service.

A plus: you can use bikes to explore the city (even though the rent of 15 Eur per day, which is not exactly a bargain, it's something I think is worth it).

Only downside: in my case, something with the reservation had not fully worked out. Had I stayed the entire period as originally envisaged, I would have had to change room (to one without a terrace).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 1 September 2017

Dear Guest, many many thanks for your time writing such a nice review about your time with us! I'm sorry to read that we made a mistake with your reservation! Please accept my aplogies! Again thank you very much for your stay and now your time sending us your feedback! We do hope to welcome you back one day and remain with best wishes from Dresden! Dorit v. der Osten