Open today: Closed

from USD 10.40
from USD 13.90
from USD 185.40
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2015

Was conned into paying 3 euros to go into a special exhibition on dinosaurs which I have no interest in. The free part was a collection of photos of Venice in World War I. I just didn't understand the point- if I wanted to know about Venice I would have gone to Venice!! Why didn't they do a series of photos of Dresden in the second world war?

Reviewed 16 October 2014

This seems to be a great building in search of a purpose. There were only two exhibits here when I visited: an Islamic tissue collection with an interesting Damascus room and a show on the history of the earth. Most of the building was empty. Dresden has some magnificent museums; this is not one of them. I would like to signal to those who manage Dresden's cultural wonders to do something with this palace. Neustadt could use a great museum to compete with the Altstadt.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We didn't go inside, there is a lot changing right now, but the gardens around it are amazing! Worth crossing the bridge.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The exhibitions are nice an interesting, but paying 3 euros to see just an small room with the tapestries and then another 6 euros to see another very small collection? Is not worthy. We made sure that there were no other rooms available. With that money, I'll rather go to the Zwinger (also in Dresden). Very disappointing museum. Only go there if you have absolutely nothing else to do in Dresden.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

At the first place I wanted to visit this Palace because it was bought bz August the Strong for his porcelain collection. It is a piece of architecture from hs time. First we went to seen the part where is the etnographical museum and saw beautiful carpets, tapestries from the Middle East such as“Suzani” – large silk embroidered fabrics from Central Asia, so-called Turkish Towels from the Ottoman Empire, knotted carpets from Eastern Anatolia and sequinned embroideries, a printed cotton fabric and fine wool embroideries from Persia.Both of us most admired The Dresden Damascus Room - reception room from a luxurious home in Damascus was used for welcoming guests. The richly decorated wall and ceiling panels are worked in the style known as Turkish Rococo. In the other part is the State Museum for Pre-History, where we saw two intersting exhibitions - Fossil Art and the second was about the Life of Wolfs.

1  Thank Jana46