“Nice Bakery ”

Ranked #1 of 8 Bakeries in Dresden
Description: Cafe direkt an der Kreuzkirche
Description: Cafe direkt an der Kreuzkirche
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I went there with my friends to get some breakfast and had a great experience. The food was good and fresh, and the prices were very reasonable. The staff was friendly and the coffee was delicious. I recommend a visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Cafe Dreissig was one of the most affordably-priced and convenient stops I found! Instead of paying for the hotel breakfast, I headed out to this little cafe which had a great selection of affordable food: pastries, breads, generously-sized sandwiches, and an actual large-sized cappuccino! I'm so used to getting a tiny cappuccino at most cafes that when I was handed a huge cup I practically hugged the barista. Service was polite and friendly, and they were lovely at letting me fumble through my order in my very poor German though it would have obviously been less torture and faster for them had I ordered in English.
If you need a large helping of caffeine in the morning, and would like to nurse your cup over a tasty pastry as you overlook the square -- all for about 5 euros -- Cafe Dreissig is perfect.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

To start with the good things: The staff was very nice and you can sit outside with a nice view over the Altmarkt and the Kreuzkirche. But... the Latte Macchiato I had was absolutely not recommendable. I also ordered one of the cakes they offered, but this one was also not good. It was a berry cake with more gelatin than berries on it. I bet there must be better alternatives around.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Cafe Dreissig happened to be the first eatery we tried out in Dresden / Germany for our holiday and I must say we had a very poor experience .

Their staff is the rudest I’ve ever come across . Even though we tried our best to be clear with our English and make them understand what we wanted, both the ladies at the counter behaved like they couldn’t understand us . Initially we thought they were having issues in getting the words we said but, it turns out they were just poking fun at us by purposely not picking up the items we had requested. It was certainly the most embarrassing experience to have in restaurant full with other people .

When I went back to the counter to order some coffee , in between of my order the lady at the counter decided to have a conversation with her pals (sitting across) , completely disregarding the fact that there is someone at the counter placing an order .

We had had it by then and decided to pay and just walk out .

The food was decent but the their hospitality made sure we did not ever go back in again .

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The slowest breakfast ever.
They need 20 minutes for a boiled egg and jam.
The storemanager was very rude , refusing the complaint.
Never again.