“Dissappointed”

Ibis Dresden Lilienstein
Ranked #50 of 118 Hotels in Dresden
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I liked Dresden very much and usually an Ibis-Hotel is not the reason to be disappointed on a trip. I have never been in Dresden thirty years ago, but I suppose, the charm of this hotel didn´t change.
I missed the Ibis-Style in design, the usually very comfortable beds and friendly staff. The top of my disappointment was reached at the breakfast, when I entered a very overcrowded and loud breakfast room which was like a canteen. The welcome-drink who is included for businesscard-owners or Accor Card (who knows) was not given to me.
I don´t know the two hotels next to the Lilienstein, but mass processing is a reason, that I won´t visit this hotel again.
The positive aspect of Ibis-Lilienstein is the position in the centre of Dresden.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2016

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I reserved one double bed room, but after I entered the room, I found it's a two single bed room...(check-in staff didn't tell me about that, she should know, right?) I called staff, she said it's IMPOSSIBLE to give me a double bed room tonight. Disappointed and not happy about that. Staff didn't give me internet code card initiatively, since I had showed my Accor GOLD member card at check-in. When I wanted to use wifi, I found it's not free to everyone, I have to go to reception desk and ask again about the internet. I think staff should provide internet code card to me after I show my gold member card. Besides, there are annoying fly in the room, and the pillow is too soft.(but compare to no double bed room, it's no big deal). First POOR experience of my 4th IBIS hotel stay. Will not back.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Nothing spectacular but good location, immaculate rooms, filling breakfast at a cheap rate.
Downsides: Business corner with PCs and printer always out of order, Wifi by scratch-card only work on one device, definitely to be improved.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

The rooms are very basic but with ac. The sun was full to our window room. Result, very hot in the room. We wanted to put the ac on: was not functioning. At the reception they simply told me that it was not warm enough outside so no ac, just open the window. So we walked, went to the city centrum: very nice city.
We eat somewhere and we tried to be as late as possible back to the hotel. The room was a little cooler but still warm so it took us time to fall asleep. Overall good value for the price.
Think about the ac! I hope they put it on in the summer.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple