1,565 results
All reviews former palace real palace turn down service high ceilings semper oper green vault opera house wonderful room deluxe room bath and shower inner courtyard beautiful hotel an upgrade perfect location public areas historic dresden rooms are large
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We loved this hotel in the center of old town Dresden. It is simply the best. First of all, our concierge Markus Walch was wonderful. He arranged everything for us in advance - private tours, museum tickets, dinner reservations as well as tips on what to do and see. I cannot say enough good things about Markus.

All the service was excellent. From the people at the door and front desk, to the restaurant staff and housekeeping.

Breakfast each day was fantastic. It was a buffet with more than one could eat - fresh meats, cheeses, and fruit; perfectly scrambled eggs, omelettes, and waffles; fresh fruits and juices; and a wide selection of teas. They also had a nice lounge area to order coffee, hot chocolate or dessert. Also in the building but under separate ownership is a great German pub callled Paulaner.

The hotel had a skating rink and spa with sauna and pool. It is also centrally located next to the Palace, Zwinger, and Semper Opera house. We walked everywhere.

However, I do have to drop it down to four stars because it fell short on the mattress and room temperature. The mattress was in good condition but much too hard for me and my husband. It was an extremely hard tight top mattress which made my body ache and kept me awake. I'm used to a firm mattress with a soft pillow top. This mattress had no pillow top. At first I thought that was just the German type of mattress, but we are now in Berlin at a hotel with a very comfortable pillow top mattress. Secondly, the room was much too warm. The thermostat could not be lowered below 18 degrees and our room on the fourth floor felt much warmer than that. Because the bed was made with a comforter and no top sheet, there was no way to get cooler without sleeping with nothing on top.

I still highly recommend this hotel and will come back, but I do hope they replace the mattresses with more comfortable ones and fix the room temperature by then.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Team_Taschenberg, General Manager at Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear BostonDesigner,
Thank you very much for your positive review of the Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Dresden.
On behalf of the entire hotel staff, I would like to thank you for your more than kind words. It is great to hear that you could benefit from our location in the heart of the city and that you were so satisfied with the service we provided for you.
Making our guests happy and ensuring all their wishes are met is our main goal, and I am delighted that we could achieve this for you.
We are constantly trying to improve ourselves and your comments are very much appreciate.
For a possible next visit, please do not hesitate to inform us before arrival that you prefer a room in lower floor.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

The hotel, the people, the amenities were all excellent..to say nothing about the breakfast included! We were impressed from the front desk to the room and all points between. The location of this hotel is excellent for sightseeing in Dresden.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear John,
I would be very happy to welcome you again sometime soon at the Taschenbergpalais.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Had reserved a Regent suite room. At check in was given room 304 although very large with 2 bathrooms this room is way past time for an update. Carpet worn and dirty, couch cushions so thin the metal bar of the sofa bed are visible and chair was very worn also. This room looks like NO picture on their web site. After going back to front desk was given room 120 it looks like pictures we saw on web sight and is a credit to the Kempinski brand. Large clean and beautifully redone. Breakfast and service is first class. Staff at this hotel are extremely helpful and polite to any and all request. Location is unbeatable. Saw many regular rooms during my stay and they all looked great and were good size. If you get any of the redone rooms you will be very pleased .

Room Tip: Any redone room looks beautiful
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Team_Taschenberg, General Manager at Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Robert,
I am very happy to hear that you benefited from our location in the heart of the city and were fully satisfied with the service we provided for you.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

The location of the hotel is probably the best in all of Dresden. The room was nice and comfortable, still I believe some modern touches would be welcome. Breakfast ok, but service staff was either not awake yet of just a bit lazy when I was there. BUT, charging 1 EURO for a non-Nespresso coffee capsule to make yourself a morning coffee in the room is not acceptable for a 5 Star Hotel, is it ?

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Team_Taschenberg, General Manager at Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear myself on the move,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Dresden.
I deeply regret we were not able to fulfill your requests in the expected time. The entire hotel staff is constantly trying their best to please every guest and fulfill their requests in a short period. However, due to high occupancy their might be slight delays sometimes.
I am very happy to hear that you benefited from our location in the heart of the city.
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again at the Taschenbergpalais.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We stayed seven nights in this wonderful hotel, and thought it one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The staff we met were all very helpful and friendly, our room was large and very comfortable, extremely quiet, and very clean. From our room windows we had tremendous views over the Zwinger, and to the river beyond.

Breakfast each morning was a delight, with very friendly wait staff, and food that was fresh and well presented. We couldn't have asked for a better location for the hotel either, and by the end of our stay a few of the staff even knew our names.

A wonderful stay, and we would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple