Franklin Hofmann Gaststatte und Rossfleischerei
Ranked #1 of 258 Restaurants in Chemnitz
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Horse meat for me? Yeah.....no!
But that’s ok, because there’s plenty of other things on the menu.
I came to Chemnitz to visit family who took us here.
Franklin Hofmann can easily compete with top restaurants in the world.
I choose the duck with cabbage and grüne Klöße and it just melted on my tongue.
The avocado soup was yummy and refreshing. They do heavily salt their food. It seemed right for me, but I like salt.
I could see some people not liking it though.
Service was very friendly and the have a little kids corner which makes it convenient for families.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We wanted to try the local cuisine and hospitality and this was OK. We sat outside on a warm evening. The roulade and salmon pasta were both good. The horse meat snitzchel was very disappointing and far too greasy. Prices were reasonable and service was efficient.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Once in a while I go visit my parents in Chemnitz and they took me to this restaurant. I ate horse meat before but this restaurant is just superior to everything I ever ate before. I chose the special which was a burger with sweet potato chips. It was so delicious! I recommend to make a little detour just to get there and try this burger. I hope they will never take it off the menu.
The waiter was also really nice and had good jokes at hand.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Great food with a slight twist for us westerners. Horse meat. But don't let that put you off. Full menu of normal foods that are very yummy and other items if your not interested in eating far lap or Mr Ed. Worth a trip and a go.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Excellent cuisine, also if somebody does not eat horse meat! Besides the delicious horse meat specialties one can have some nice fish and vegi dishes as well as rich salads and traditional deserts. A very interesting selection of beers and high alcohol liquor rounds the offer. A very relaxing high roof hall that looks like some village in the Alps. Quick service, solid food, good prices. If in Chemnitz do not miss it