See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I'm sure I would have been much better off walking a bit more every day, than paying 150 EUR a night for this. Only reason I tolerated it was because my company booked and payed for it.

First, the worst: check-in. The website states that they have a certain schedule for check-in, but they don't comply with it! This meant that I arrived in Trier's red light district (that's where this hotel is) at 22:00 to find the damn place closed and with a note on the door, which was only in german, asking one to phone a certain number if one needed anything. First problem: I had no phone service, so I had to ask passerby for help. Had a restaurant two blocks away not been open at this hour, I would have been stranded, forced to walk and look for accomodation; not a nice prospect.

Then, the room. Bed was nice enough, space was decent, but it was badly ventilated and had a view to the street in front of a bar, where you could hear drunk couples quarrelling past midnight. The shower mixer was extremely finnicky. It's either searing hot or freezing cold, choose your poison. It's also the first time in a LONG while that I've been in a hotel where you don't get any complimentary water bottles, and only one tiny bar of soap and tiny shampoo bottle for the whole week. This was a big problem for me, as I had a tight work schedule and had to find time to go to the supermarket just to buy water, which is NOT straightforward in Germany (try to guess which brand of wasser is plain, mineral, or carbonated mineral).

The only redeeming quality was breakfast. Simple buffet consisting of cold cuts, cheese, fruit, bread, yogurt and coffee or tea, served in a very pleasantly decorated dining room, it was nearly perfect. But then they ruined it by giving me a hard time for wanting to pay with credit card.

Lastly, the internet connection is crap. I'm sure, had I been the one doing the booking, I could have found something MUCH better for almost half the price. One to avoid.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank OrdomanWRC
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

At artival I have found earplugs on my bed.....during night we found out what it is for. Lot of noise from beergarden untill 02:00hrs. After that some noise from nigjtclub nearby hotel. At 06:30hrs visit of public trashcar emptying the boxea at parkinglot. In morning we had breakfast with "fresh" fruit....a lot of fruitflies on top of fruit....
It has been a real nightmare and cancelled second night at this horror hotel.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank 863robv
Reviewed 6 August 2015

We were booked in as two couples on 26 June 2015. We parked the motorbikes behind the hotel which was good. As we came round the corner into the street there appeared to be an adjacent run down restaurant with the gates shut next to our hotel but it was 4.30pm. The street door to our hotel was shut and locked. We banged on the door and a lady came down and told us to go away as there was nobody there. We banged the door again and another lady came and let us in. She explained that she was merely someone who lived there. It was very dingy inside with a corridor serving as a reception. She gave us a phone number to ring and I think said there would be someone there later. The general impression of the place was so poor that we decided to abandon the booking. We speculated that the building was a mixed guest house and small flat residential block. i.e not really a hotel at all? But no, we saw brochures in the dingy passageway so we were in the right place. We rode on into Luxembourg and were lucky to find a really nice hotel within an hour. JM

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

For:
Large room. Good shower. Free safe parking for motorbike. Breakfast average.
Staff friendly.
Location for exploring old town perfect.

Against:
Very hot room. Curtains woefully inadequate. Wifi a faff. Massive plant taking up large part of room. Everything a bit tired.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2015

Staff does not speak English. The noise from the cafe. There is no ventilation. There is no wifi in the room. The hotel reserves the money on a credit card, although everywhere writes that do not. Through the window image is not any good. Can sleep for just one night. Very mediocre hotel.

Room Tip: Probably you should choose a room with a window to the inner courtyard. Maybe then it would be less noise and smell of tobacco cafes area.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple