Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
USD 94
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 100
Free cancellation until 04/07/21
Trip.com
USD 82
Hotels.comUSD 100
Expedia.comUSD 100
eDreamsUSD 100
All reviews breakfast buffet across the street irish pub family suite bier garten the perfect place to stay learning curve spoke english service staff wonderful stay standard room business trip restaurant food rooms are spacious lovely hotel light sleeper easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for three nights and absolutely loved our stay. Our suite was meticulously clean, smelled fresh and had a nice view. The reception/welcome was so kind and accommodating. However, the restaurant was what put the icing on the cake. I have numerous food allergies. The cook made my food just as I ordered. From the time I arrived for dinner to check-out breakfast, I was able to have salads, meats, fish and plain potatoes; all so delicious and fresh. My husband and I chose to eat every meal here as it was a very safe place to eat and not have allergic reactions to the food. The waiter (tall, dark hair) was amazing! The breakfast staff top notch. We will return in March for another business trip and will definitely choose this hotel again, as it was home away from home.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Alexander Flockerzie, Geschäftsführer at Hotel-Restaurant Barbarossahof, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to evaluate our hotel.
We are so happy about your rating!
We are pleased that you absolutely loved your stay.
Every day we do our best to fulfill your wishes individually.
We are proud to pass on this compliment to our employee.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to convince you of our service.
We highly appreciate your rating and hope to get the chance to welcome you back again in March for another business trip!

Reviewed 16 February 2021

I've stayed here several times over the past couple of years. This is a good hotel with clean rooms, comfortable beds and close to city center and access to the autobahn. The breakfast and the restaurant are also very good. The staff are friendly and attentive. Unfortunately, my last stay was eventful due to another guest had backed into the parking space outside my window. The next morning the weather was -8, so they started the van and let it run to warm up. My room was filled with the exhaust from the van even though the windows were closed. Luckily I'm a very light sleeper and awoke when I heard the voices outside and began to smell the fumes. The receptionist did off me another room, but I was going to check it in 3 hours so I went to the breakfast area to wait until the air cleared.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alexander Flockerzie, Geschäftsführer at Hotel-Restaurant Barbarossahof, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2021

Dear Mr. Heath,

thank you very much for taking time to evaluate our hotel.
We are pleased that the clean rooms with comfortable beds, our breakfast and restaurant convinced you.
We are very sorry that this happened to you over the weekend.
Unfortunately, we noticed too late that other guests behaved inconsiderately.
We would like to apologize once again for the guest's behaviour.
Like you told us, the weather was -8 degrees, so they started the van and let it run to warm up.
If we had noticed it earlier, we would have asked the guest to leave the parking space, of course.
To reduce the smell, we used room spray and offered you another room for the last few hours.
We would like to convince you of all our amenities during your next stay.
Also feel free to let us know that you would like a room further away from the parking lot, so that this incident is guaranteed not to happen again.

Reviewed 26 January 2021 via mobile

This is a very comfortable hotel that is right outside the city giving you that all nature comfortable feeling. The staff is extremely friendly meeting all you personal needs during your stay. The restaurant serves very delicious food with a breakfast buffet for your mornings or you can also have it delivered to your room. They have emplaced Covid restriction standards to ensure safety is always a priority. The rooms are spacious, family friendly, and also gives you that feel to relax when you get to your room.

Exceptional all around

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Alexander Flockerzie, Geschäftsführer at Hotel-Restaurant Barbarossahof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2021

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your stay.
We are really happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that our hotel and especially our staff and food met your expectations.
We are very pleased that we could convince you of our Covid-measures.
The safety of our guests and staff has the highest priority.
We highly appreciate your rating and hope to get the chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 25 January 2021

Perfect stop on the road from France to Poland. The hotel is perfectly located close to motorway but far enough not to be disturb by it. The hotel is very clean, has a restaurant and really nice and well thought family room (we have 3 kids)

Date of stay: January 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel!
We are very happy to read that you had a pleasant stay with your 3 kids in your family room.
Your positive feedback is a great motivation for our entire team.

Reviewed 12 November 2020

I actually stayed for quite a few months, and while I did, I enjoyed many different places to bicycle along with hiking and exploring the surrounding forest, which was just beautiful. The food menu changed from time to time to offer some creative specialties that were apart from the common menu, -very good!

The autobahn was just a roundabout or two away, and fairly close to Ramstein.

The staff was always courteous and friendly, and did a good job looking after the place, holding special events such as gatherings for new years, senior parties, etc. The hotel background music was something that was just fine, nostalgic, and good sound quality, -relaxed, not overly loud, and no commercial interruptions, -making it perfect for dinner with friends, a glass of wine or bier.

The bier-garten outside is a nice favourite, and cannot be overlooked, although a little road noise is sometimes present.

Rooms were decorated nicely, the restaurant has wonderful blown glass from the famous Murano glass factory in Venice, some rooms have the same Venetian lamps. -The surrounding area is quiet on the weekends, and the birds make all the music for you, -good for sleeping.

I hope to be back, . One caveat though. I would add a nice Bavarian Hellis bier to the list, as I somehow found this bier a special favourite, -and hard to find.

All in all, a super place, and you will not be disappointed.

Good place!

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Alexander Flockerzie, Geschäftsführer at Hotel-Restaurant Barbarossahof, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Dear Joseph,

Thanks for your fantastic review regarding your stay at our hotel.
We are pleased that we had you as our guest.
It's great to hear that you liked your stay!
Comments like these are the greatest motivation for our entire team.
Your personal opinion is very important to us.

Our hotel is located on the northeastern outskirts of the city in direct proximity to the Palatinate Forest where you can hear the birds in the mornings.
We are happy that you enjoyed many different places to bicycle along with hiking and exploring the surrounding forest.
Many guests appreciate our favorable traffic situation with good freeway connection as well as the sufficiently available, free parking lots.
We just added another type of bier to our list! We are convinced that you like it.

Your feedback is very helpful to help you and our future guests to have an unforgettable stay.