USD 193
USD 169
  • Restaurant
NH Duesseldorf City Nord(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
USD 97
USD 90
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 131/night.

1,456 results
All reviewsdusseldorf airportcovered walkwaywalking distance from the airportgreat airport hotelterminal cterminal buildingan early flightnext morningrooms are bigsmall gymfree internetrestaurants and barslobby areamini barmodern hotelmy colleaguebreakfast buffet is
Reviewed 23 June 2018

After a long day of travelling, the one thing you don't want after landing at the airport is a long onward journey to the hotel.

Maritim Hotel at Dusseldorf Airport connects straight onto the airport via a covered walkway and is less than 5 minutes walk from baggage carousels.

I found the check in to be a little laboured, but only because the lady working on the front desk was new. She was extremely polite and said it was her second day, and she eventually got me checked in, so no problems there really.

The room was very nice, and very comfortable. There was free wifi, and luckily, as I had work to get through, a comfortable desk to work at. There was a fridge and a mini-bar, where the price list seemed pretty extortionate (captive audience).

The bed was supposed to be a double bed, but unfortunately was too singles pushed together.

Breakfast was included in the rate. I found that the service was poor because there were too many guests for staff. We were supposed to wait to be seated, but after ten minutes and nobody arrived to seat us, a bunch of us just started milling about and getting our breakfast and finding spare tables / seats to sit at. It was a little chaotic. I found that the breakfast selections were poor too.

Overall, comfortable hotel, and totally acceptable for an airport hotel, but just lacking a little in service areas.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
MaritimDUSManager, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Maritim Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is our pleasure that beside the breakfast and the according service you enjoyed your stay with us. Many times it is only through the constructive criticism of our guests, that we are able to get an evaluation of our possible weaknesses. Rest ensured, that we will take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Superb choice for a stopover overnight. We needed a hotel convenient to the airport for departure next day. Maritim was connected by a covered walkway about 150m long from one end of the departures level. Just follow the red signboards for Maritim Hotel in the airport. The level below is a Rewe supermarket open till 12am.
You wouldn’t have believed the hotel is celebrating its 10 year anniversary - I mean that in a good way - it looked new really and the rooms didn’t show signs of age - very well kept and a good size.
I checked various sites such as Expedia,
Agoda and TripAdvisor to book - Agoda has a really good offer - suggest you check if they have an ‘offer’ room - it said there was one left but I managed to book two. Non-refundable but it would be about 60 euro - I was almost worried it was a trick or that hotels had a few ‘horror’ rooms that they flog off at this price - I was very pleasantly surprised not to be surprised and the rooms looked new and even better in the real than the photo in the hotel site.
No interconnecting rooms but they did put us side by side. Do check Agoda before other sites.
Only one pillow which would certainly not support any reading in bed as it was the soft and floppy variety. Housekeeping however was very prompt to send 2 more to make the reading in bed feasible.
The duvet was half in half out of its sheet but I take this to be intentional in case you get warm and prefer to untether the duvet from the cover and you then use the cover.
They did not take my credit card for deposit which surprised me as almost all hotels I’ve been to do that routinely. Check in was very fast - I did not have to wait.
The pool was not large but ample for a nice leisurely paddle.
Did not use gym so can’t comment but the equipment looked pretty comprehensive.
Ate at the Bistro for dinner which had a nice Risotto. Prices not cheap but also not exactly expensive considering it is a 4* Hotel. Breakfast was at 24euro. They did not have a child rate so that was the clincher and I ate in the airport.
Internet a bit slowish for downloads but ample for surfing.
Overall if you can get an offer price from Agoda it’s a no brainer as choices like Sheraton at airport and Lindner (not easily walkable) would be (much) more and I truly can’t imagine how the rooms could be superior to the Maritim’s.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank snowbunny35
MaritimDUSManager, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Maritim Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

It seems you really enjoyed your time with us and it’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. Thank you for your comprehensive review. Please be advised that best service and best rates will be obtained by booking on our homepage as there is an option for connecting rooms. We are more than happy to welcome you back on your next stop in Düsseldorf.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

If you are thinking about a flight to Germany as a stop-over, consider staying here. Best location possible. There is a supermarket in the airport and other facilities. The rates are very good, breakfast is excellent and lots of other reasons to stay here. The air conditioning is not US cold but sufficient.

Stayed: June 2018
MaritimDUSManager, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Maritim Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for your review. It gives us great pleasure to read about your restful stop over at the Maritim Hotel Düsseldorf. We are looking forward to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I checked in after booking a room with a double bed on Booking where you can choose between a double bed and two single beds so I got a surprise when I got to my room and found two single beds. I went back down to reception to change rooms then got another identical room so went down again and had to wait yet again until the girl finally checked with her colleague and told me that all rooms had single beds. I couldn't believe it and was annoyed that the option for a double bed was clearly stated on Booking so I hope the hotel will remove this false advertising. I can't say that the staff at reception was very welcoming or particularly friendly.

They sent a clearly overworked housekeeper up to put a very thin mattress cover (barely thicker than a sheet) on the bed to supposedly make it into a double bed (they called it an Italian bed but having lived in Italy for 12 years I can assure you this is not an Italian bed!) but this did not do the job. I ended up putting one of the two single duvet covers under the sheet so my behind would not slip down into the crack during the night but it didn't work much better and I had to sleep on one single mattress.

I went to the swimming pool and sauna area which was why I had chosen this hotel. They were crowded and the pool was small, way smaller than you are led to believe in the photos, so I just had a quick paddle in it and left. There is a small gym too.

The next time I have to stay near the airport I will stay at the Sheraton which is even closer to the airport.

A really disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are prepared to sleep on a single mattress, no double beds.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
MaritimDUSManager, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Maritim Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Margret M,
thank you for your review. Indeed we give customers the choice between single and double and we also have the option for a twin, but this is with regards to the room size. We do not offer queen or king size beds, which refer to the mattress sizes and is probably what you were expecting. We apologize your experience with us was disappointing and hope you give us a second chance.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Decided to stay at this hotel, as my flight from Manchester to Düsseldorf was in the evening and was expecting it to arrive at 22.30h (in the end the flight arrived at 23.00h), so staying overnight before driving to northern Germany was the easiest option.

I have been to Düsseldorf many times and seen this hotel, which is a short walk from all the terminals at the Airport, but never stayed before.

You really can miss this hotel as you are coming into land you cab see it, with ginormous blue lettering on the side of the hotel which is visible from a long way away.

After landing and collecting my luggage I walked over to the hotel which is only a 5-10-minute walk, and at this time of night the hotel was very quiet, and I was very quickly booked in at reception.

First impressions of this hotel and my room were very good, the entrance is quite impressive with several restaurants (enough to suit all tastes) and a very nice bar (Morleys?). On entering my room there were a double bed (as is the norm in Germany, actually two singles pushed together), the room had air-con, good size wall mounted TV, (with a good selection channels), bar and safe. The bathroom was a good size with lots towels and lots of smellies. The room overlooked to entrance at the front of the hotel, so it wasn’t much to look at, but there wasn’t much noise either.

Went down to the bar, which was very quiet at that time of night, had a few drinks before going to bed, and had a very good sleep, no interruptions and more importantly never heard a plane!

In the morning went down to breakfast in the restaurant, which was excellent, with a large selection of cold meats, fruit, bread, pastries, hot food, and there was a chef on hand to cook food to order (omelettes etc.), so all in all a very nice start to the day. The only negative thing I would say about the breakfast was that it was expensive, at €24 (£21 at the time of writing this), which is very expensive.

So, in conclusion a very nice hotel, very convenient from the terminal, staff were excellent, the room was top quality, breakfast was nice (although very expensive) and when I was checking out they tried to charge me double for the breakfast although this was quickly put right.

Didn’t use the pool, room service or the wi-fi so can’t comment.

Would I use this hotel again, the answer is most defiantly yes, but would not have a breakfast, it’s nice but not worth €24, especially when it’s very easy to walk over to the airport terminal were there are lots of eating places.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your comprehensive review. It seems you really enjoyed your time with us and it’s always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. It gives us great pleasure to read about your restful sleep during your stay at the Maritim Hotel Düsseldorf. We're delighted and hope we will be your hotel of choice on your next visit to our beautiful city.