All reviews central station fifth floor city centre couple of nights tram stop mirror strasse
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

On arrival we were left standing in the lobby for around 20 minutes with no one on the reception. When we got to our room it was very dirty the coffee table had rings of stale tea/coffee and crumbs from food. The carpet also had crumbs of food in it and clearly hadn't been Hoovered. We were given two toilet rolls for three people and when we asked for more they told us we couldn't have anymore till the morning. Overall this was very disappointing and I would not return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2017

There are quite a few Novum Hotel and it is easy to get confused. This one seems to be among the lower end ones and more of a budget choice (I paid less than 40 Euro in a September weekend).

However, you get what you pay for: The hotel feels quite worn and the room amenity is very basic. For the price I paid, breakfast is not included (it cost more than 10 Euros). However, there are some nice bakeries around the train station, so you can find more affordable choices just around the corner.

Its location is the best part of this hotel. It is not far from the Main Train Station but also far enough to avoid experiencing constant noises of trams passing outside.

They do set their prices in a fluctuating manner. On the Monday after my weekend stay, the price was gone up to more than 70 Euros, which is not really worthwhile for what it offers.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Saricie_Q
Reviewed 20 November 2017

The hotel is well located, a few minutes from the Main Train Station, several underground/metro lines and a leisurely 20-30 minutes' walk to the "Old City. The entrance is pathetic, next to a smoking parlor, the lobby is old and neglected and the staff is generally very unfriendly. The rooms were smaller than prison cells, had very old furniture, the bed was almost unusable (narrow and with a terrible mattress) and the only amenities in the bathroom were 2 bottles of liquid soap (sink and shower). My colleagues and I come to Dusseldorf every year, in November, to attend MEDICA, the world largest medical products fair. We expect that all hotels take advantage of the event and charge more. This hotel, at any other time, lists the room at approx. €55/night. We paid €426/night!!! ... and no surprise, at the reception we were told that, for the meager breakfast offered we would be charged an additional €12.90. I do not think that I need to say anything else.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

The word orrible is Nothing to compare this hotel! The room is a bunker and the people Who works Here are always sad and ungry. Girls if you don t like this job just go!!! The smile can change the mood of the day. Anyway if you want go to that place is good only For a couple of nights not for spent a nice holiday.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trip737020
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stayed here a couple of nights while visiting an expo in Cologne, for me perfect location being no more than 2-3 minutes walk to the train station, so it's very easy to find!

It doesn't pretend it's 5-star luxury, but for what you're paying here it's functional, good sized room for a single, plenty of storage space for a few days with a private bathroom with shower. Only downsides were no tea or coffee facilities in the room, only one pillow & the bed was a little on the stiff side for me but if I'm being honest I've paid more for worse.

Could do with an update though, it looks like it's been a while since it was last done, a little 80's in appearance - not to mention a key rather than keycard! Would add a little more value and make it a more appealing business option. Also it can get a bit loud, if you're a light sleeper this would be a problem, but again, I've been in much worse!

Staff were pleasant enough, I'd suggest more so than other experiences with customer facing staff, again function over style.

Can't say fairer than this, if I was attending the same event again I'd book this hotel without much thought, would I have a romantic getaway here no, but for a place to crash after a convention, sure it works.

Room Tip: Vending machine only sells drinks, so if you're looking for snacks head to any of the local stores!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo