“Go if you are a Goethe enthusiastic”

Goethe Museum Dusseldorf
Ranked #52 of 177 things to do in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 22 September 2015

If you really really like Goethe, you will probably love this museum, otherwise I am afraid it can be boring, also kids would probably not enjoy it much....

2  Thank beppo81

Reviewed 3 September 2015

The building itself is a bit outdated and out of care, but that aside, the collection of Goethe memorabilia here is impressive. Even on a weekend, I had enough space to myself to enjoy my time at my own pace.
If you like German literature or just Goethe, this stop should be on your itinerary in Duesseldorf. (But be prepared to read German.)

1  Thank TKTT
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Only interesting when you really adore Goethe. Collection of texts, pictures and statues. Only in German. Theatre is broken.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

This place is really a "Museum" it has a lot to read and to see, but you should be very interested in finding out about this time, in order to enjoy such place.
I am not saying it is bad, but don't expect anything really exciting.
besides - for non German speaking, there is really no use to go. Almost everything is only in German.

4  Thank Ieva R
Reviewed 26 April 2007

When I visited the musuem I wasn't exactly sure to expect, but I found a "run-of-the-mill" attraction with display cabinents etc. There is however quite a lot of information about Goethe to learn, and an interesting feature where the rooms are painted in a special colour (with explanation) to reflect a certain part of his life. I was visiting as a year out student, and as my title suggests, it is not a bad visit if literature is your thing, and there's nothing else you'd rather do. Plus point, a very cheap and informative way to spend a couple of hours. Caters for English and French visitors as well.

3  Thank foster_abroad