All reviewsa short minute walkclean roomsquiet side streetfree wifihot and cold foodquiet locationchristmas marketsingle roomold towncityeuroscomfortbusiness
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Just back from a 4 night say at the Guennewig Hotel Uebachs in Dusseldorf and this is a very reasonably priced hotel. The hotel has a City Centre location with easy access to all forms of public transport and an easy 15-minute walk from the Altstadt (old town) with its many bars and restaurants. The rooms are spacious, very comfortable, and clean and the staff are very accommodating. On a negative note some rooms can be a little noisy I had room 71 which was on the main road so could be noisy during the night although my colleagues did not have any problem with their room situated at the back of the Hotel. Like all other guest I must say the breakfast is excellent with a very good verity of hot and cold food. All in all we had a great time in Dusseldorf staying at the Uebachs and would not hesitate to recommend it and would definitely stay here again if we return to Dusseldorf.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear away from the main road
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2016

...if your rate is right. Traditional hotel with excellent breakfast usually included. Friendly and efficient staff, clean rooms and good beds. Wifi on the slow side and unsuitable for work. Parking can be a problem, the hotel has a few spaces available though.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I had stayed here before late fall two years ago and it was ok. Their breakfast is the beat part if the stay, rooms not so. Very dated and NO A/C!!! On hot and humid days this place is the last place where you'd want to be. But we endured three nights last week. 4/10 because of he decent breakfast. Mid July 2016

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I thought this was a pleasant hotel. Stayed in a single room. It was a nice size. It was generally clean. The only drawback is that there isn't a A/C in the room. For a 4 star, you would had thought there would had been. One of the days it was very warm so, after coming back from a day out, the room was stifling. It does have a patio door and window but it looked over a walk way which didn't make me feel safe to keep both the window and door open. The rest of the hotel is fine but the other strange thing is that they have a bar but it just happened to be reception. It reminded me a little of an Ibis hotel where staff does reception and bar at same time. I wouldn't expect that for a 4 star, but there you go. Breakfast was very nice. So overall, satisfied.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the summer months, make sure you ask for a fan when you book, especially if you know if the coming days will be hot!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2016

This was my first time visiting Duesseldorf and so my hotel selection was based on other people’s reviews. I ultimately chose this hotel and it turned out to have been an excellent choice. I am traveling alone and so I selected a basic room, which turned out to be larger than what I expect from a European hotel room. There is a good sized closet with a digital safe inside, refrigerator, tv, desk, a couple of chairs, a small round table, and even a built in bench. They offer nice little extras like a shoe horn, shoe polishing mitt, comb (new in plastic), and a toiletry kit that includes Q-tips, cotton pads, shower cap, nail file, and a small sewing kit with a safety pin as well. The only thing to consider is that they do not have air conditioning in the rooms. I was here in the middle of May and the first day that I arrived it was rather warm, 80+ degrees F, but the gentleman at the front desk gave me the fan that he was using at the front desk for me to take back to my room. The next day the temperature dropped by around 15+ degrees so it was plenty cool for the remainder of my stay.

The breakfast is an entire other topic, it is one of the best breakfast selections that I have ever seen in a hotel, especially considering that it is included for free! There are choices for just about anyone’s preference, including fresh fruits (already cut up), yogurts, cereal, breads and rolls, meats, cheeses, anti-pasta type selections, and cake. For Americans they have scrambled eggs (real eggs, not the microwave in a bag eggs), bacon, and what they call meatballs. The meatballs looked like breakfast sausage in the shape similar to a meatball, but they do in fact taste like a meatball and not sausage. They even have a noodle and sushi-type buffet for those that prefer an Asian breakfast. I am not sure if it is intended to make sushi, but they have steamed rice and tamago (egg), unagi (fresh water eel), and some kind of a fish option that reminds me of imitation seafood. They also have a jam and jelly buffet and a large tea selection. The dining room is very nice with a fine dining type atmosphere. You do not have to wait for someone to serve you when you arrive, you just find a table and help yourself, and there are coffee carafes on the tables along with real cream and sugar.

The rooms are very accommodating, the breakfast is top notch, and the price is very reasonable compared to what you get in return. The personnel have all been very courteous and polite, and I interacted with probably 6 or more people. Taken as a whole, this hotel is an exceptional choice!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business