All reviews concierge lounge bit dated fitness center city centre flat screen tv tram stop hotel bar breakfast buffet stayed here for one night old town public transport business trip yogurt airport euros minibar stops
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Checked in last night and was warmly greeted by reception. Laura made the check in process seamless even with all of the details for the hotel and our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable as well. We went to the bar area for dinner and Stefano welcomed us as if it were his personal business and made us very welcome. He talked with us about his travels and adventures and even took time to help with sites to visit in Dusseldorf as well as other stops along our planned journey
This was one of the top European hotel experiences I have had in many, many years. Congratulations to the hotel general manager and the entire team. I will be back soon.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
RDusseldorf, Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear JohnnyO2013,

Thank you for giving us such a perfect rating and for your excellent comment.

Such a positive feedback is the best reward and the strongest motivation for entire Renaissance Düsseldorf Hotel team. I truly appreciate your kind words about Laura and Stefano and hope you were able to discover some of the sites that Stefano recommended. I have taken the liberty of passing your comments on to our team.

We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Düsseldorf in the not too distant future again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

This is a decent hotel that needs a fair amount of work though in specific areas.

We had a spacious enough room with two large beds which was perfect for a couple of our age (73). The dificulty was the small bathroom where the shower was in a high-sided bath behind an immovable glass partition so that my wife (who has had two back and hip operations) found getting in and out practically impossible. The staff were excellent in the hotel and sympathetic to our cause but could do nothing for the problem. There is no room with a walk-in shower in the hotel.

In fact throughout the hotel the staff were helpful and excellent during our two night stay. The breakfast was really OK but not cheap which is so often the case these days. We had food which was fine in the bar after a late arrival as were the staff again.

The airport is close (10/15 minutes away - which was the reason for our choice) but there is no shuttle. Taxis are around 25 EUR which could be worse. The town is also reasonably adjacent.

All in all this hotel works and is good value if you're a Marriott member and you can get the senior rate as we did for ouselves and the family accompanying us. However be aware you need to be able-bodied to use the bathroom as required.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
RDusseldorf, Front Desk Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear User Des G,

Thank you for your feedback, for both positive and negative one.

In regards to your experience, your comments were already forwarded to our service team and discussed intensively, to provide you with the service that we aim for.

Unfortunately we will not have a walk in shower in future but the renovation of the bathrooms in our guest rooms is still a goal from us in future.

Best regards,

Maria Sieberg
Front Desk

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

One thing which makes this hotel standing out compared to others in the same price range is their restaurant! My dinner was well cooked (I had meat), and the was seasoning was great. Breakfast was no disappointment either. Otherwise it is clean and staff is helpful, but that's expected for this price range, and the company managing this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
RDusseldorf, Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Mikaket,

thank you for sharing your experiences about your stay at the Renaissance Düsseldorf Hotel.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the food at our restaurant 'Renaissance Gallery'. I took the liberty of sharing your compliment with the team as it is very motivating to hear back feedback from our guests.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

As Marriott Platinum, I expect to be treated right and this hotel did it all. I was recognized as Platinum and offered several gifts during my stay. The staff is warm and friendly, and more than once I called upon them for help when I was out and about in the city.

The rooms are bright and spacious, with a large safe and plenty of flat surfaces and storage space. The only negative comment is that their A/C is very weak and even after 2 visits, engineering was not able to get my room below 72 (22) degrees, so they gave me a fan.

The restaurant and bar have plenty of gluten free options and again, the staff is friendly. The drink of the week while we were there was the "David Düsseldorf." Priceless!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear ronlap,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review with regards to your recent stay at the Renaissance Düsseldorf Hotel. I was delighted to read your kind post on how much you liked staying in our hotel, enjoying our bright and spacious rooms, our warm and friendly service, and our gluten free options at our restaurant 'Renaissance Gallery'.

How exciting that you tried 'David Düsseldorf' our 'Cocktail of the Week'. In case you will come visit again, make sure to create your very own cocktail at our bar and start thinking about how you would name it already.

Thank you once again for your generous review and your loyalty as Marriott Rewards member.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is quite good, rooms are ok but a little outdated. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I need to mention the vegan breakfast options which were just marvelous. Overall very satisfied and would clearly come back next time I visit the city.

Trip type: Travelled with family
RDusseldorf, Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Stieeh W,

Thank you for sharing your experiences about the Renaissance Dusseldorf Hotel.
We are happy to hear you had such positive experience with regards to our staff and that you enjoyed our vegan options during breakfast.

Thank you once again for your generous review and looking forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in Düsseldorf.