1,029 results
All reviews baggage claim dusseldorf airport parking structure an early morning flight between flights late arrival direct access coffee maker club lounge rooms are comfortable night's sleep overnight stay room rate short stay s bahn stayed one night trade show
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Caution

The Pros and Cons of this hotel.

The Pros
The reception staff are ok. The room is small but it is clean and well maintained, which is very important. The space is kind of cosy and one could settle into it for a day or two.

The room windows are double glazed, never heard an airplane although I saw them taking off, and there no jet fuel smell coming in like some other airport hotels I've stayed at.

The Cons.

The executive lounge is very small. However there is a large lady Asian who is rude, rough and does not care about being hospitable. She is a terrible reflection on the executive lounge and the hotel, she's miserable, hates her job. It's too bad in German rules these people cannot be disciplined and behaviour correction. With every stocking the fridge, she threw things around causing loud noise it made me jump. This is not the executive lounge quality attitude, anyone supervising her? Surely Not! This is not Starwood hospitality, it's a hostile attitude atmosphere. People go to the executive lounge to relax, eat/drink. How hotels let this awful behaviour go unchecked is beyond me as a businessman traveler.

There was a Turkish and an Italian guy, both of them were very pleasant and reflect a respectable attitude to guests, they were very helpful.

I go to the breakfast restaurant and it is ruled, yes that's right ruled by a matron. She is an older, short German woman with glasses. She was very Curt and Rude to me. I went to this hotel and paid to stay there, I felt like I was in a prison ward with this woman. I don't want to be treated like that, and I won't accept it. When I asked her for replenishing as the serving plates were empty over 20 minutes, she has the audacity to stand in the middle of the restaurant arguing with me shamelessly in front of guests. C'mon Sheraton Dusseldorf, you should be much better than this.

The hotel employs trainees who are unqualified to interact with guests but are given full responsibility without supervision. If that woman is not willing to replenish, who will make this decision? For paying guests and how can the hotel just drop everything on the trainees? The trainee has limitations and inexperience, and without supervision or corrected procedures by a supervisor, how can they be so frivolous?

I saw a big man around the kitchen area, the staff told me he is the executive chef in charge of the restaurant. However I never observed him checking the food for replenishment. I guess the trainee staff follow his lead and do the same. Too bad for guests. Another issue is the cleanliness of the breakfast kitchen floor it's full of dirt, black marks, my feet stick to it, yet no one cleaned it. The coffee machine stops because it is full of empty bags, no one pays attention, I needed to find someone to empty it. Although I saw plenty of staff, I found it self serve, but if they don't replenish then I can't even do that. Never mind providing a clean place.

Sheraton how about hospitality from all staff, supervisors and trainees? Aren't guests entitled to have a good and pleasant start and pleasant end to their day ? I do not accept this poor behaviour, as I value what I pay for.

This is absolutely not good management for the restaurant and the executive lounge, nor whoever is supervising them from the kitchen executive.

The management seems very lax about their staff and need to value their Starwood guest.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank EarthTraveler55
Julia S, P.A. to GM at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear EarthTraveler55,

I would like to thank you for your open words and your detailed comment on tripadvisor and also for taking your time and giving us such a constructive feedback.
I directly forwarded it to our F&B Manager and our Executive Chef who will share your impressions with their teams.
I am absolutely on your side that all guests are entitled to have a good and pleasant start and pleasant end to their day! Good, friendly, warm service is the most important pillar of any hotel and please be assured that we attach great importance to it. We are part of the Sheraton family and we love the daily contact with our guests. It is our greatest effort to provide our guests a pleasant stay.
And that is why your comment is so important to us, because it gives us a chance to improve and double check our quality of service. To get more details about your stay, please contact Mr. Hormuth by mail at airporthotel@sheratonduesseldorf.com.
For us it is extremely important that every guest feels comfortable and well cared for.
Dear Earth Traveler, together with our team we will find a solution to make sure that this will not happen again in the future. I really would like to apologize for inconveniences you had to encounter and I promise to you that we will work on it. We would be very happy to welcome you again at the Sheraton Düsseldorf Airport Hotel to finally convince you of our service and food quality.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Sheraton Düsseldorf has a good location directly at the airport. The hotel is not the newest, however the rooms seem to be renovated. Rooms are alright in size, comfy bed but bathrooms are pretty small. I stayed here several times. What I dont like are the long ways - its flat out and you have to walk, walk, walk. For status guests it has good offers including a lounge. If you here for business or a night before a flight its good.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Julia S, P.A. to GM at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear capricornus12,

thank you very much for taking your time and writing down the impressions of your stays at our hotel on tripadvisor.
We are always very thankful for the open words especially of returning guests, because this is the best chance to improve our quality and service. I am delighted that you felt comfortable staying with us and you could use the advantage of our direct airport location.
Considering the fact that our hotel was built in penthouse-style all rooms are on one level. Maybe there is a special room you would prefer to stay in? We are happy to note this for your next reservation.
Dear capricornus12, please be assured that we do our upmost to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I just got told that they are overbooked hence I should look for a room elsewhere. I had booked the room from the previous night to guarantee the room. They are Charging me no show while not providing my room. Hilarious!!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Julia S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Rupali G.,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are sorry that we were not able to accommodate you last night. As you did not arrive the first night all remaining nights expired as per our terms and conditions and the room got sold again. Of course the no show fee was also only charged for one night and my colleagues directly offered a new hotel reservation within walking distance for you.

Nevertheless we appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you next time when you travels will bring you to Dusseldorf.

Kind regards,
Christian B.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel is like a special gift to those who have an early European or Overseas flight from Dusseldorf Airport... How can one describe the feeling of waking up in your (nice) hotel room and having to walk a few meters only to your check counter...
It's a Sheraton so I have not many things to add, except from I was very much impressed by the level of sound isolation in the room... Wonderful experience... !!!

Stayed: February 2017
Julia S, P.A. to GM at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Nick P,
wow, I am more than excited about your review of our hotel on tripadvisor. 5 out of 5 points - many thanks for this positive feedback!
I am glad that we could provide you such a positive experience through the good location and service.
You are always more than welcome at the Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport Hotel and it would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Ok, this is a good hotel. In fact, if it weren't for a couple of niggles, it would be a solid 4/5. So why did i score it 3/5? 3.5 would be my real score, but I can't give that on Trip Advisor.

The hotel is as close to the terminal as you can get and sits in the parking and rail station complex. The rooms are of a good standard and the staff are helpful. The food is also good and prices are typical for an airport hotel.

The hotel loses a mark as the ac blows, but does not cool. This is something many hotels do in the winter - turn the ac off as it's cold outside. Well, my room was very warm. Lucky, the windows can be opened so 0.5 points back.

Secondly, noise. The noise from the corridors is well damped as there are two doors between the bedroom and the corridor - another half point gained. However, the walls between the rooms are thin and i could hear the tv in the room next door - they watched it until 1230 at night, so another half point lost.

These two points are not so important, but spoil an otherwise very nice hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Julia S, P.A. to GM at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Chris O,

thank you very much for taking your time and writing down the impressions you got from your stay at the Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport Hotel.
First of all, it is very positive fact that you felt comfortable well cared for. The direct airport connection and our newly renovated guest rooms should give our guests a pleasant, relaxed stay.
The more I am sorry that you felt disturbed by the guests in the room next door. Maybe next time you contact the Front Desk, they can assist you in any matter and they will do their upmost to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Dear Chris O, thank you very much for your open words and your constructive feedback. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again when travelling brings you back to Duesseldorf.

Best regards,