Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel
Messehotel Medici(Dusseldorf)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lohausen(Dusseldorf)
View Hotel
All reviewsbaggage claimdusseldorf airportparking structurean early flightbetween flightslate arrivalan overnight staycoffee makereasy accessconvenient locationrooms are comfortablethe club loungenight's sleeproom rates bahntrade showbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The best thing about this hotel is its convenience being located right next to the airport terminal so is great if you are in transit or arriving late.

As a hotel however it is rather soul-less. The rooms while clean were very simple and had more of a dormitory feel to them. I found the bed very small and uncomfortable.

Other Sheraton airport hotels I have stayed in in Europe have been better than this one.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Our flight to Oslo got cancelled due to bad weather and Lufthansa booked me, my wife and our one-year old into the Sheraton across the street. As I am a SPG member I have come to appreciate the Sheraton and was pleased that the hotek was up to our expectations.

I offered to pay extra for an upgrade to a suit e but was informed that the hotel only had regular double rooms, no worries. We requested a cot, a waterkettle and room service; this was all dealt with in a very swift matter and was very satisfactory. What could have been an extremely tireing evening turned out to be saved by both our airline and the hotell staff.

PS ; we were VERY impressed with the most unbelievable creamy scambled eggs that we have ever had and exceptionally good coffee at breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Josephken
Julisch, Manager at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Josephken,

I am very glad that we could welcome you and your family as our guest, even if your trip was planend differently.
Also I would like to thank your for sharing your experiences on tripadvisor, because for us it is always a very good way to get feedback from our guests!
The fact that you felt comfortable during your stay and we even could absolutely satisfy you and your family is a very big compliment for me and my team, because this is what we are there for!
Especially your comment for our scrambled eggs and the good coffee will motivate our restaurant and kitchen employees.

Dear Josephken, we would be very happy to welcome you again one day when travelling brings you back to Duesseldorf!

Best regards

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Sprawling lay out means a long walk to various rooms and hotels, no parking (?) , helpful well trained staff but generally very little to distract from the boredom of a stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms near reception handier
1  Thank UKBoyDKGirl

Dear UKBoyDKGirl,

thank you very much for your comments on tripadvisor.de, because less positive impressions are valuable for our development - although I am very sorry for you not feeling comfortable during your stay!
For an Airport Hotel I thought the Sheraton is very varied and has some surprises our guests normally do not really expect. For example each of our 198 guest rooms has a green view and our sky garden even houses 17 turtles. We have one main dining room, a bar, our LinkLounge with free internet access, a fitness center and the city center is just 10 minutes with the tramway. Different shops at the airport are open until 8:30 pm so you have the possibility to walk around or just having a coffee.
It would be very nice if you had a little more detailed description of your expectations on an Airport Hotel, maybe there is just a little thing to do and we could make our guest's stay more comfartable and impressively.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2011

It's the suitable hotel to remain near the international airport for any transfer or late arrival.
I arrived ad 11 p.m. and I ate in the hotel restaurant, they accepted to serve me despite the time was too late. The food quality was really good.
The rooms are simple and old furnished. The dimensions are usually small.
Wi-fi connection is Not free in the room, but only in the lobby.
The price is not cheap.
There is car parking in the ground level, it's comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Julisch, Manager at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Dear filifilo,

warm greetings to Milano and thank you very much for beeing our guest in November 2011!
I am so glad to hear that our restaurant and kitchen team were able to satisfie you during your stay and sometimes those are the small things in live making us feel even more comfortable.

Maybe next time your arrival will be a little bit earlier, so you would have the possibility to even more enjoy and relax during your stay!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayd for one night at the Sheraton Düsseldorf Airport due to the convenient location for an early-morning flight and am rather disappointed as it offered even less than what I expected.

For the prices one pays, the rooms are tiny and furnished with the typical German efficient one-piece desk, wall-panel, luggage shelf, which in itself already looks cheap. Furniture is worn, fabrics have holes and the bed is hard like a rock - impossible to sleep in. But, the worst was the bathroom. Probably the smallest I have ever seen. The glass doors around the tub were hanging on their rubber lining broken our of the hinges, the drain could not be lifted by the know and I had to somehow remove the lid (which proved rather difficult) and the lights did not work properly either.
I found all that out after I got back late at night wanting to take a shower...and had no desire of moving as the receptionist suggested.

My rate included breakfast at the restaurant, which was then offered as a Platinum amenity (please, just be fair and offer what the rate includes; if there is no amenity, just admit it). Breakfast was very nice and enjoyable with a large selection of hot and cold dishes and a view - of the German Autobahn...

I would not stay here again and will try the Maritime next time.

Dear SFLeonce,

thank you so much for your detailed words and for taking the time to give us an evaluation on tripadvisor!
less positive comments give us the chance to reflect and develop. I have read your comments to our department heads and we talked about the inconveniences you had to encounter in your room. Unfortunately moving after a long day and at this late hour wasn't really an option for you -I do understand that!
Nevertheless I am glad about your positive comments regarding our breakfast buffets and I would be even more happy to convince you of our house and high service standard, next time you are in Duesseldorf!

With kind regards,