Open today: 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Review Highlights
Love the nature but atmosphere is not good for me

Reviewed 17 September 2018
madhav a
via mobile
Excellent place to spend time with your family.

Reviewed 9 July 2018
Stoyan P
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Dortmund
from USD 74.50
More Info
All reviews animal enclosures few hours red panda main entrance rhino species germany atmosphere
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I love this place for sure I am highly recommend for everyone but for me I love this beautiful nature before enter Zoo when I enter Zoo atmosphere is really other anyway see you next time again

Reviewed 29 August 2018

This was a great choice for a day out. Very reasonably priced entry, easy to find your way around and a big variety of animals. Lovely to see a baby camel! Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I enjoyed visiting the Dortmund Zoo. The animal enclosures were often large, open areas. I especially liked the White Rhinos, knowing that there are few left and none in the wild anymore.
There were beautiful flamingos gathered closely together as it was a cold day, and the giraffes were close to the observation area, luckily, as I was taking a few photos.
The currywurst and pommes were tasty and the eating areas were pleasant.

I recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Park is amazing. This is not the best zoo I have visited, but you will find yourself relaxed. Very nice place to spend time with your family.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Dortmund zoo is awesome. This is a good place for a family outing and the kids will love this place. I reccommend it.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

With my wife shopping in Dortmund, I needed to escape for a few hours and the zoo was the perfect answer. Great to have a walk around the beautifully keep grounds and see all the animals, with a heavy emphasis on South American species. Camen and Reas are just as good, if not better than crocs and emus, so come on down and see a spot of Brazil in Germany for a reasonable fee. A few nice eateries inside too.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

A beautiful zoo!! Although I think that the entrance fee was a little bit expensive! 8 euros per person. You need enough time to see everything in the zoo..

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Nice place to visit if you want to spend 2 to 3 hours. Entrance fee is 8 Euro per person. Major attraction is the Giant ant eater, Sea lions, giraffe, small penguins and small kangaroos and a big lizard may be Komodo dragon but not sure. Wash rooms located in three different places and good food available inside. Walkable distance from the U Bahn.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

A visit to the Dortmund Zoo is worthwhile. There is a variety of interesting animals to see. Giant otters and tapirs, among others, can be admired here. The zoo is a suitable place for a walk. The signposts are great. The paths are well laid out. There is ample parking and the entrance fee is more than fair.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice place to walk. Lots of different animals. Clean and good directions. There is enough parking very close to main entrance.