“Great day”
Review of Dortmund Zoo

Dortmund Zoo
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We briefly stopped in Dortmund for a day so we decided to visit the zoo, the price of adults is 8€ but we got a student price of 4.50€.

The park is relatively large with a wide range of animals to look at! All the animals looked in good health and well looked after.

Though; some of the enclosures did look a little tired, saying this some were having work done at the time of the visit so they clearly know about this.

There was not a lack of toilets which is nice as a lot of European places like to forget about toilet.

We also had a nice currywurst at the cafe they had there which was reasonably priced.

Good day, would recommend to other people!

1  Thank Hal T
in 41 reviews
"euros"
"germany"

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Great place for big and small. Easy to use map for navigation. Great improvements over the years (bigger/better)but still remains and place of nostalgia from my childhood. €8 entry per person is value for money...staff was also very friendly.
Danke

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

It was a drizzly day so the place was completely empty which was nice. It was bigger than it looked so took longer to walk round.
The woman at the ticket office didn't speak a word of English but we got there.
I'd never seen a red panda before so that was great and there was a black panther that was really cute.
We could hear the sea lions all the way round and when we got to them, we were entertained for a good half hour! Nice day out.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

On the outskirts of Dortmund but easily accessible on the U-Bahn train service. If you have mobility problems it may not be suitable for you as it is quite a steep climb to some of the areas within the zoo. Entrance charge is inexpensive and there are plenty of places to get a drink or snack and also a restaurant near the entrance. There appeared to be plenty of staff taking care of the animal compounds and cages which all seemed clean although I did think a few of the big cat cages too be on the small size. This is not a big zoo so do not expect anything along the lines of the large city zoos. However with few other places of interest in Dortmund it is well worth a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I'm not a great lover of animals in captivity, but I went along with a friend. At 8 Euros its not a bad price to get in. Because it was quite a cold and bleak day a lot of the animals were hidden away, but from what I saw it is a well kept zoo and quite clean. I was hovering between giving 3 and 4 stars, but opted for 4 in the end because the staff seemed to really know what they were doing and the cafeteria and toilet facilities were good. I was a bit disappointed with the reptile house, mainly because it housed the smallest anaconda I've ever seen and I felt that some of the birds were in cages that were far too small, but on the whole it looks as though the animals are cared for.