“Healthy, tasty, affordable - a must if you want a healthy meal”
Review of Osho's Place

Osho's Place
Ranked #700 of 2,699 Restaurants in Cologne
Price range: USD 8 - USD 10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: International vegetarian and vegan restaurant with coffee and smoothiebar, homemade cakes and cookies
Reviewed 18 April 2015

My husband I were looking for a healthy place in Cologne for dinner. We found oshos delicious and exactly what we were after - healthy and affordable. There is a cafe and a restaurant next to each other both called oshos. The staff were really friendly and helpful. At the restaurant they had a main dinner meal which was quiche, rice and salad or you could choose your own vegetables and they charged by weight. There were plenty of tables available but was also busy. This is a vegetarian restaurant with vegan options. They also serve alcohol. It is a bit of a distance from the main cathedral but certainly worth it! We will return if we are in Cologne agaim.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

I was in Cologne for a few days with my partner (a confirmed carnivore), and wanted somewhere a little different to typically meat-heavy German cuisine, and to Italian - the usual vegetarian's sanctuary, for me (a veggie).
Osho's place is a little bit away from the main streets around the Cathedral and the Altermarkt, but Venloer Strasse is well-worth a look for restaraunts, and is easy walking distance from the city centre.
We were met with a warm welcome and very friendly, staff who were really helpful in explaining the slightly unconventional style to this restaraunt. My German wasn't strong enough to read the menu on the board, but the food was explained to us by the lovely gentleman behind the counter.
You basically build your meal up as you want, e.g. select if you want potatoes or not, add a soya 'steak' if you want, choose your sauce or soup, build your own salad, etc. Each part of your meal is charged separately - you pay per item, which means you are only paying for the food you want, and the prices are very reasonable. There is nice range of desserts and a bar at the back of the restaraunt too.
There was a lovely atmosphere in the restaraunt, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, and my carnivore-other half enjoyed his meal as much as I did, there is quite an eastern feel to much of the food and the spices and flavours make the food really interesting and tasty. Well-worth a visit.

2  Thank V84
Reviewed 25 September 2012

A very friendly welcome and interesting vegetarian food, a salad bar with plenty of choice and some lovely desserts. I'm not vegetarian but really enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We'd just spent a week in Austria, and although we got some veggie food there, we were getting a little 'cheesed off'. So on a very hot Saturday evening we (girls 12 & 14, wife & myself, all veggies) ventured to Osho's Place.

At last. Vegetables! Salad!

My wife & I both had veggie burger (served without a bread roll). It was a little dry, but I solved that with a portion of mushroom / cream sauce, at which point it became far more like an old-fashioned nut roast. No bad thing, that. I added some nicely braised chicory, then helped myself to the 'pay by weight' salad bar.

Alcoholic drinks are available - do try the local Kolsch beer - and they may well be cheaper than soft drinks. We were all too full for desert.

My one criticism - lack of air conditioning. I may have been that we were seated in a hot area, or it could just have been the day was >36°C.

Being interested in such things, I'd explained to my children that there may be a few people dressed in colours of the rising sun (red, yellow, etc) as they're followers of the late Osho / Shri Bagwan Rajneesh. I spotted one. Plenty of leaflets about the activities / meditations (in German) in racks on the walls, but otherwise there was no 'religious' slant to the place.

English well spoken. Recommended.

1  Thank Capers123
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We ate our Saturday evening meal here, and it was great. We had a hot vegetarian dish, and a salad too. Service was good, and we had a table overlooking a little courtyard with a water feature. Perfectly nourishing and relaxing. Highly recommended