“Quirky Vegetarian Food With A Good Atmosphere”
Review of Osho's Place

Osho's Place
Ranked #700 of 2,699 Restaurants in Cologne
Price range: USD 8 - USD 10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: International vegetarian and vegan restaurant with coffee and smoothiebar, homemade cakes and cookies
Reviewed 25 September 2012

A very friendly welcome and interesting vegetarian food, a salad bar with plenty of choice and some lovely desserts. I'm not vegetarian but really enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We'd just spent a week in Austria, and although we got some veggie food there, we were getting a little 'cheesed off'. So on a very hot Saturday evening we (girls 12 & 14, wife & myself, all veggies) ventured to Osho's Place.

At last. Vegetables! Salad!

My wife & I both had veggie burger (served without a bread roll). It was a little dry, but I solved that with a portion of mushroom / cream sauce, at which point it became far more like an old-fashioned nut roast. No bad thing, that. I added some nicely braised chicory, then helped myself to the 'pay by weight' salad bar.

Alcoholic drinks are available - do try the local Kolsch beer - and they may well be cheaper than soft drinks. We were all too full for desert.

My one criticism - lack of air conditioning. I may have been that we were seated in a hot area, or it could just have been the day was >36°C.

Being interested in such things, I'd explained to my children that there may be a few people dressed in colours of the rising sun (red, yellow, etc) as they're followers of the late Osho / Shri Bagwan Rajneesh. I spotted one. Plenty of leaflets about the activities / meditations (in German) in racks on the walls, but otherwise there was no 'religious' slant to the place.

English well spoken. Recommended.

1  Thank Capers123
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We ate our Saturday evening meal here, and it was great. We had a hot vegetarian dish, and a salad too. Service was good, and we had a table overlooking a little courtyard with a water feature. Perfectly nourishing and relaxing. Highly recommended

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We ate around 4ish and had the soup, curried cauliflower, YUM and the vegetable gnocchi with a tomatoe sauce. Simple and tasty. We also got a salad plate and filled it up with a sampling of all the salads from the salad bar. All were good with some that were outstanding, so much so that my husband went back and loaded up another place with the one's he liked. We left stuffed and happy! Osho's is also located in an area that has choices for vegetarians and vegans. Between Osho's, Go Vindam!, and Well Being, vegetarians can eat well in Cologne!!!

1  Thank Kishorn
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Decided to go here based on recommendations on a Vegetarian website. Cafe is within a area of other bars and cafes, slightly out of the centre. We walked back afterwards due to post dinner fullness. There is a self service food and separate drinks bar. The menu changes daily and all looked freshly prepared. It was very tastly and very good value. The cafe was open in the evening and has a relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank Seabrook29