All reviews family owned hotel great location train station shared bathroom quiet location breakfast was amazing beds were comfortable single room cologne cathedral on foot ensuite basin hairdryer christmas dome
Reviewed 20 May 2016

After a long hard slog looking on the net for cheap and cheerful accommodation in Cologne, I came across this little gem. The price was right and most important when you have a soft top convertible car is it has free secure parking. The people are very friendly and gave us all the information we needed. Comfortable beds and a great breakfast. All at an unbeatable price. It is a gem of a place and I do not think that we could have picked a better one. Definitely not at that price. Walking distance from everything in the heart of the city and not too far to fall back to after a hard night on the Kolsch. Keep it under your hat though or word might get out. Fantastic.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2016

I almost hate to review this hotel, because I like it so much and don't "want the word out". The people that run this, family owned and run are always so helpful. The location is just not beatable and it offers a clean room, with no frills and one of the best "Deutsche Fruhstuck's" (German Breakfast) at a great rate.

My wife and I stayed there and we always get a room that the shower and bathroom is on the floor (so down the hall). That might be a consideration for those who need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. There is a sink in the room.

I think this is the 5th time I have stayed at this hotel and I have never had a problem.

There is no elevator and quite a few stairs, so be mindful of that, for those that might have mobility issues...or a lot of luggage.

Room tip: the top floor has a balcony that opens up off of the room, not a great view of anything but it is something some may like. No elevator.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2015

My family and I recently stayed five nights at this hotel. We had stayed here several years before and were not disappointed with our return visit. The efficient, squeaky clean, small hotel is a few short minutes from the Central Station and the Dom. Since we were making several side trips to nearby Christmas Markets in neighboring cities, the location near the railway station was perfect for us.

Although our room was rather small it contained all the amenities that we require. The staff could not have been more helpful, providing us with maps and advice. The breakfast is bountiful with nearly everything you could want in a Northern European offering.

Clearly, it is not a five star property, but if you are looking for a well-located and cost-effective lodging in Cologne this is your choice.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Located a few steps away from Cologne Central Station and literally just 20 minutes away from the airport, this cosy hotel offers a valid and affordable option if you want to stay within the city centre. The Dome is less than 5 minutes walk from it.
The rooms are well furnished and with nice, modern bathrooms. I really enjoyed the rich breakfast, with a great variety of foods, alongside with the good, welcoming approach of the staff (which can speak German, English and Italian).
Highly recommended for a nice stay in this lovely German city.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BoBre
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Last minute booking meant I got last available room. No toilet or shower - had to share a tiny one with 3-4 other rooms. My room was small but adequate. Comfortable bed. No amenities. Breakfast was usual cold meats and cheeses. Friendly staff

Date of stay: October 2015