All reviews family owned hotel shared bathroom beds were comfortable close to the train station internet connection cathedral ensuite basin christmas
Reviewed 28 May 2015

The only reason I did not rate this hotel excellent is because there is no lift. That's the only negative - everything else is great.
The location is excellent - less than 5 minutes' walking distance from the Hauptbahnof - the central rail station with the central bus station beside it. The Koln Dom is within 10 minutes' walking distance. The hotel is in a quiet side street, excellent for sleeping.
I stayed in a single room with a shared bathroom. The room and bathroom were spotless and comfortable.
The breakfast was sumptuous and the staff very courteous.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank bishwaksen
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Location is perfect for the center, a few minutes walk from the main train station. I had a single room which was small. But for the price in the center of Cologne with breakfast the value was amazing. Room was clean and basic. Hotel looks to be family run and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The wifi worked and the breakfast was nice. I would recommend the hotel to anybody on a budget who wants somewhere central. Hard to find anything to match it.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank VacationMan51
Reviewed 9 April 2015

We stayed here in a triple room for three nights at Easter 2015. Nice quiet, safe hotel with welcoming staff, especially Joe on reception. Room 20 was comfortable, lovely hot showers and good wifi. Great choice for breakfast. Two supermarkets and lovely italian restraunt Rossini in nearby Eigelstein. We thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank catherineoc45
Reviewed 14 March 2015

So the hotel is great: relatively inexpensive, good location near the train station and major sites, and boasts an excellent breakfast. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are comfortable.

My only warning is that the area around the hotel seems a little seedy. Crime can happen in any city, but you need to be really careful near the hotel. My bag containing my passport, tablet, and some clothes was stolen from the hotel lobby while I went to the bathroom. Normally the hotel staff must "buzz" you into the hotel, but on this day the door was open to due the unusually warm weather. My wife was even watching our bags while I was in the toilet, but a group of young people came into the lobby and distracted the staff member while one of them made off with my backpack.

All that being said, I would still stay at this hotel again for all the reasons that I said above. By the way, some kind German notified me that he found my passport in a park in Cologne, so the story had a relatively happy ending.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erwin D
Reviewed 9 February 2015

A retro hotel with friendly staff. Nice and clean, great beds. We had booked a room with shared bathroom but decided to upgrade, which was a good decision. The bathroom was newly renovated, and room 13 is very quiet. A very good breakfast is included in the price. The only thing we missed was heating in the bathrooom, which can get cold in winter. Otherwise the heating works very well. Not luxury, but excellent value and great location! I have paid lots more for much worse.

Room Tip: We stayed in 13, with its own bathroom.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business