“Better go for by menu order”
Review of Sushiou

Sushiou
Ranked #612 of 2,741 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt-Nord
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We was walking around this area and just passing by this restaurant. We decided to give it a try. They offer by menu order or all you can eat. We chose all you can eat. But I wasn't convinced by the all you can eat plates. I would say that it's better to go with the by menu order, as the variety was more than all you can eat.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

The first impression one might have about this place is that it's just another run of the mill, conveyer-belt sushi restaurant but, trust me, appearances can often be deceiving. The deco might be nothing special but if it's the food you're worried about then you've come to the right place. I went with a friend who's a regular so I knew it would be decent but the food surpassed all my expectations. A great of dishes - the fish was as fresh as it gets and everything I tried was top class. I was pleasantly surprised (more like gobsmacked really) that a fixed price, all you can eat sushi joint actually served fresh tuna, considering how expensive the main ingredient is. If you haven't tried fatty tuna (Chutoro or Otoro) you probably won't understand what all the fuss is about but once you try it, there's no going back.
This food was so good and the bill so reasonable (considering the ridiculous amount of food we consumed) that I seriously considered leaving a bad review here - just so that the place doesn't get overcrowded and loses its touch due to that. I'll most definitely be going back for more soon!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Sushiou has a conveyor belt and fixed lunch menus. I choose to pick from the conveyor belt. Easy as it moves along. There is enough variety. My colleagues choose for the lunch menu and that also looked well. It is more expensive for lunch but tasty and so now and then you need to spoil yourself.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

We had a concert at Sartory and we stayed ate Mercure Hotel. This place was just in from of both places. Ideal to grab something to eat before the concert which actually started later than planned. We had tried the most appealing plates to us : warm sushi and maki. I had a special soup with tofu. Great taste! Service was very good and the price was also good considering the soft drinks, beer, extras and warm drinks. Do not expect a huge place. But it is cosy and ideal when having hungry members of the family eager to eat without waiting.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Bit confused as to why Tripadvisor don't have that version, suspect it's a new brunch?

Anyway, this is a nice little sushi bar to visit if you're staying near by. All you can eat or less if you aren't particularly hungry (€24.90) and a cuppa green tea (€1.80). Constant food going round, mix of hot and cold, tasty and well portioned. Only disappointed by the lack of fish variety (minimal tuna dishes, no Unagi on the belt - only ala cart, no hand rolls)

For the price, it's similar to the surrounding competitors. I'd visit again just because of the location. Make sure you book, I walked in with my missus at half 6 and got served but it quickly fills up.

More variety on the belt and it'll get 5*