Open today: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm

Ways to Experience Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen
from USD 17.20
More Info
1,021 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2019

This is about the only thing to do in Aachen. It is a great spa. They have set it up really well so you don't have to carry any valuable around. You are given a chip that helps you pay for everything. There is a cafe, that is about the same price as other places around that area. It did start raining when we were there and they do shut the outdoor sections when this happens, just to beware.

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank AbigailKemp
Reviewed 20 June 2019 via mobile

I visited Carolus Thermen to relax on the swimming pool ans SPA.
I had really nice time, very organized and relaxing place.
Not allowed the entrance of kids, I think that it is
only permitted entrance from 14 years old on.
I did a very good massage, prices are quite expensive but for time by time it is a nice place to spend some hours.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2019

This is a very nice thermal spring, sauna and spa in combination with open space bar, indoor restaurants, and relaxation areas.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 13 June 2019

We were staying at the nearby Hapton by Hilton hotel and asked the receptionist to recommend a nearby place to eat. We were advised the Carolus Thermen which has a mediteranian restaurant that overlooks the beautiful spa and waterfalls that adorn this place. I wish I had one near me!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 29 May 2019

On a whim we decided to experience the Aachen hot springs for ourselves and chose Carolus Thermen to do it. It was only a 10-15 minute walk from our hotel near the city center so we did not even need our car. The different pools and water features were fun to explore and we even found ourselves caught up in a water aerobics class that happened to be scheduled while we were there. It was a very nice way to wind up our short (4 day) stay in Aachen. The layout of the facility and process for getting changed and finding your way to the pools is a not completely intuitive, but we managed to figure it out. To add some additional adventure to our visit we puzzled out how to get from the "standard" section to the "nudist" section and spent a little time there. Getting there was we even less intuitive but it helps if you remember the "2nd floor" in Europe refers to what we would call the 3rd floor in the US. So when the staff tells you the entrance to the nudist section is on the 2nd floor, keep that in mind. If you cannot read German than understanding the rules for the nudist section will be difficult - I would advise you look through the "rules" page of the spa's website or read through the reviews here that lay it out for you.

Date of experience: May 2019