All reviews nice hotel english news train station business trip nice clean rooms fantastic breakfast air condition booked this hotel enjoyed my stay internet connection lotte city euros germany hanover exhibition
Reviewed 2 August 2018

I stayed here in winter two years ago and it was warm an cozy. I stayed again during the 2018 heat wave and it was cool and pleasant. The bathroom is not large but convenient, I like changing the water jet of the shower head! The room is large enough for 2 people to each have a suitcase open on the floor, but there is also a closet. There is a water kettle in the room for tea and coffee (NOT standard in Germany). I especially enjoyed the breakfast: wonderful variety and very friendly and efficient staff. I just know that I can relax when I arrive at the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Julia N, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel Hannover Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear reizende-kraai,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Hannover Mitte, thank you very much!

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Have a great day!

Charlène Koch
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Stayed here for 4 days on a business trip. I can not say much about the location since I did not visit the downtown area, but for me it was close to where I was going, and the area was quiet.

Nice clean rooms with good air condition and a helpful staff. The breakfast was very good with lots of options.

This is an awesome 4 star hotel so for it`s class I give it top score.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Julia N, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel Hannover Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear rtronsta,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Hannover Mitte.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Charlène Koch
Assistant Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Made a mistake of prepaying a reservation. Booked a standard room just before a trade fair began. Second night at 3 times the first night’s rate. Room was small and we noticed it did not have a mini bar. Didn’t bother me for drinks but for keeping my water cold. Called receptionist who confirmed the room did not have a fridge but their premium rooms do. No offer to upgrade, at a cost or otherwise. I said i’d been traveling for 30 years including many Accor hotels and never have I had a room in any hotel without a fridge. Answer was, “now this is the first one”. I found this reply very rude and went to the receptionist desk to continue the discussion. Very unreceptive staff told us that if we had a problem with he hotel we could leave. We said sure but would we get a refund, the reply was “no”. We had no choice but to stay.
Breakfast was a shambles with far too many guests for the available staff. Food ran out constantly and we noticed even small pastries were cut in half to make it look like more once they looked like running out. Food platters were left empty for too long. Staff seemed more concerned with clearing and setting tables than with servicing guests’ needs.
The whole conversation at reception was heated and at no time did we feel like welcome guests.
The room was very small and had minimal amenities. Wifi was very good. Shower good but bathroom small.
All told, an unpleasant experience for the money we paid. Unlike our stays with any Accor hotel in the past.

Room Tip: If you want to be cramped, go standard. Don’t know what the other rooms look like
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed 1 night on the way driving my "Dutch car" from Berlin to Amsterdam.
Everything was perfect until an unprofessional, untrained, front desk agent started challenging and confronting me just before the check-out. The hotel has own garage with a fixed rate of 16 Euro 50 cents/day. Then there is ample street parking Just in front and next to the hotel, free of charge 6pm to 9am and 1.80 Euro/Hour in between. Obviously it was easier and cheaper to park just in front of the hotel. During the check-in the friendly lady at the counter even came out of the hotel to check my car and to show me where I can park free. But she forgot to tell me about the "Green Sticker", and that street parking is max 2 and half hours. But this can happen and we all forget things. Next day, I got a ticket (fine) for 80 Euros, left under the front windscreen vipers, despite I paid and parked correctly. Since my German is poor, to understand the possible reason to get this fine, I phoned the front desk. The front desk male agent even without listening properly got into the defensive attitude. The repetitive answer was “It is your problem and not hotel business!”. Even I tried to explain that foreign guest need some support to understand the reason, he refused even to listen. He got even more agitated and offensive after I requested to talk with a manager. He ordered me to come to the front desk and continuously asking why I want to talk to a manager, when a parking Ticket is not a hotel business, giving me the impression that he took me as another ignorant, stupid immigrant passing through Hannover. At the front desk, He was aggressively refusing to connect me to a manager. Luckily the managers, including the GM were in the Bar area, hearing the noise, came to the front desk to inquire. The professional front desk manager and the GM later explained to me the reason for the ticket. It was because my car had no green sticker, which is mandatory for all vehicles to enter Hannover city limits. But by that time, the damage was already done. The guy could have easily helped us to understand the reason and it could have been a much pleasant stay in this hotel. This Hotel needs to educate and train their staff more about customer relations and courtesy!

Post Note: The city hall (Raad House) dropped the penalty after realizing it was a foreign car!

Room Tip: Upper Floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Dr_Rohan
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This has been by far our favourite hotel that we have stayed in on our tour around Germany.
The hotels deco is outstanding the room is so fresh with a fridge and coffee machine, all complimentary.
The staff in the hotel that I have dealt with have been so friendly more so the young lady that checked us in and we where very lucky to have a late checkout.
Great location near city and train station.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple