“Die ehemals "coole sau bar" ist auch mit Schlipsträgern noch cool.”
Review of Plank

Plank
Ranked #1,778 of 2,524 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Neighbourhood: Bahnhofsviertel
Neighbourhood: Bahnhofsviertel
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Imagine this: it is summer, hot, you happen to be at Bahnhofsviertel, you find yourself within a group of 200 people with a bottle of beer in their hands, all of them gently swinging to a groove. Plank Bar. Visit the homepage to learn how it all started.

There are newer reviews for Plank

Reviewed 6 December 2015

Nice atmosphere, people from all walks of life come to this bar. Relaxed staff. It could be crowded on a Friday evening but should not be a problem at all.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

So I came back to Frankfurt after nearly five years. My friend just got fired and wanted to "celibrate". He purposed to meet at Plank... I barely belived my ears! So I arrived with the idea that he wanted to go to a worn down bar with dodgy people. To my amazement I was completely wrong. The area is under a major reputation renovation. "Plank" is the first step to ramp up the quality in an area that was completely written off by locals. The bartenders are trendy guys all dressed in black and no lables. Super fast service and high quality drinks...dont expect table service! But most people order some cool beer, stand outside and take over the crossing with a new and vibrant Frankfurt buzz. In my pictures you will see the area from the outside and in the crossing. Its NOT a place for families... So leave the kids at home! The vibe is new to Frankfurt that is famous for boring regional bankers only speaking amongst themselves. Here is a new and fresh crowd that rarely saw the "light of day" (read: night). The mix of people is amazing, hipsters to bankers all getting along. The occasional bum will lurk around but are harmless. This is a small splash of Berlin in Frankfurt. Do not take a table inside, just go and order a drink and stand with the crowd outside. They are all locals and know where to go next. Plank is a transport bar... Next place is the reason you go! But have a few drinks and laughs before you leave!

1  Thank Marcus W
Reviewed 3 June 2015

Bar is ok, beer is overprized. Especially for German standards. E.g. 3 euro's for a Tannenzäpfle.

The waitress did not show any flexibility nor any empathy. Clearly not a service orientated girl. Not a good example for the business owner as this is how you get bad ratings. They don't take cards, and she tried and force me to leave my ID card there. Nearest ATM is a block down. I was with a group of people and they already took their drinks. I told her I'd be right back as the entire group was there and visible. She didn't take that and kept claiming my ID card. She should've said upfront I had to pay cash, especially since I was holding my card in my hand, in visual range for her to see. On my receipt it stated Sonja Schmid.

The bar itself is nothing special. Not good, not bad, just average. Close to bahnhof, and near red light district I can only assume that that is one of the reasons as to the overpriced beers. Based on the service of that evening, I would not recommend this place, nor visit it again.

Reviewed 29 April 2015

cool People, cool atmosphere, nice Corner in the middel of redlight district and main Train Station of Frankfurt.

many different cultures and People are comming here together.

i like!