“Unimpressed”

The Westin Grand Frankfurt
Ranked #36 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Average business hotel in an unimpressive location. All it has going for it is that it's close to a U-bahn stop and an easy walk to the Rathaus.

Two negatives though, the windows are paper thin and desparatly need upgrading. Sound-wise they may as well be open.

What particularly bothered me was the dishonest exchange rate. To put it bluntly, they are thieves. I booked for SPG points and 60 USD. They charged me the points and 40 EUR, i.e., 1.50 USD per EUR. When I told them that the exchange rate was 1.131 USD per EUR they simply said, "This is our rate".

It wasn't much money but that's not the point - the point is that they are dishonest.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Vanessa_Witsch, Leiter Gästebetreuung at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for kindly sharing your thoughts and impressions with us and we are sorry to read we could not fully meet your expectations!

The so called cash & points booking option is a very popular benefit for our Starwood Preferred guests and the currency exchange rate adapts to an average of local currency, which limits the difference to a minimum.

We would be delighted to welcoming you back soon and please feel free to contact me directly, so I can take personal care of your requests,

meantime I remain with warm regards from Frankfurt

Yours

vanessa.witsch@westin.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,406)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here on business as this hotel ticks all the boxes. It's only a few train stops from the exhibition halls and after a day of walking around those the hotel bar is an excellent place to relax at with first rate bar staff (who are also very entertaining). It's well located with most parts of Frankfurt travellers would visit within walking distance but I used taxi's constantly and never paid over €12.

All the staff speak perfect english, the rooms are spacious and well equipped, my only grumble being that there are ironing boards in each room but no irons (!?!) The lobby with the vintage cars is also quite unique.

After very busy days working it was the ideal place to come back to and I cant say that about many of the hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GMN
Vanessa_Witsch, Leiter Gästebetreuung at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear guest,

Let me thank you for shareing such a great compliment with our team – that brought a big smile on our faces!

Our Grand Seven Restaurant & Bar Team is truly entertaining and the clear hotspot for occations & events of all types.

Rest assuered that your suggestion regarding the iron & board has been passed on to our housekeeping team, who will take further care.

I hope to welcoming back soon at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and remain at your disposal,

yours

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We've been staying at the hotel for a few years when we attend market and, although one might think the hotel is impersonal because it is so large, the service is really good. From the front desk to the concierge, everyone is nice and helpful. The room is totally satisfactory--comfortable bed and clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

your feedback is a true delight and we are thankful for your time and effort in sharing it with us! It is from highest importance to us to proove exactly what you mention – being capable to provide service excellency despite being a city business hotel!

The Westin Heavenly Bed is our figurehead and the idea is to have our guests sink into layers of pure comfort, night after night and discover why every one is talking about it! Every detail was custom designed to create the perfect foundation for a deep and calming sleep experience.

You are most welcome to visit us again on you next visit to Frankfurt and I remain at your disposal,

yours

Reviewed 26 March 2012

You expect excellent standard when staying at Westin hotels. The Westin Frankfurt fulfills the expectations. It is pretty pricy, but Frankfurt is generally more expensive.

Good: Service, check-in, comfortable beds, room standard and cleanliness, gym area, hotel is three minutes to shopping mile by foot.

Average: Executive Club area, pool (small), breakfast (value), distance to Frankfurt conference center.

Bad: N/A

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank HDYankee

Dear guest,

Let me thank you for evalutaing your stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt – I am sure the Tripadvisor community will appreciate your comments as much as we do!

We are indeed very centrally located, which is just perfect for visiting all main attractions and of course for shopping excursions. It takes about 15 minutes with public transportation to reach the exhibition ground and our Concierge team has time schedule plans available at any time.

Whenever you are back in town we would be delighted to share some suggestions for even more things to see in Frankfurt and I remain at your disposal

Yours

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Very nice hotel. The rooms are confortable.
Good service,
excelent breakfast. They have a chef doing scrambled eggs... very nice.
A negative point: I had to walk almost 100mts to get my room. they gave me the room more far from elevators on 5th floor....
But overall, is a good 5*hotel.
Location is good, near Zeil strasse, and if you are for business, like me, have a subway station 50mts from Hotel.
I've used also the gym and it was great. Very well equipped.
The internet ( wi-fi) in the lobby wich is supposed to be free, was out almost everyday.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

We herewith would like to share our appreciation for having provided such a valuable feedback! The voice of our guests is of course the most important benchmark and our motivator to keep focusing on details!

I hope to welcoming you back soon and I will be happy to assist you in finding the perfect room location for your individual needs!

Warm regards from sunny Frankfurt