“Disappointed”
Review of Hotel Excelsior

Hotel Excelsior
Ranked #63 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 28 February 2012

As a regular guest I always choose Hotel Excelsior Frankfurt whenever I need a room for short trip to Frankfurt. I like the fact they have free WiFi, Breakfast included and somehow forgot how slow their elevator (I always use the stair anyway)

This time was a disaster, I can understand that their WiFi had a problem but I can not understand that simple request like make up bed which I have repeated twice one around 9:30 and than again around 14:00 and they simply just didn't do it!

I will still come back thou

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Excelsior

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just got back from two nights of stay at this hotel it was a perfect stay. Location is right in front of the main frankfurt station at the south exit. The hotel is clean, size of the room is perfect for a double, bed is comfortable, room is clean, breakfast is plentiful and cake and coffee at the lobby everyday, wi-fi is free also. We stayed in room 619 facing the main station, it has a balcony, their is bathtub. I really do not mind the noise at all. Plus we love city views. We decided to stay another night sadly the room we were in was already booked so we transferred to 519. The receptionist gave us an upgrade. The room is a little smaller it is located at the back no noise. There was a bathrobe, slipper, tea and coffee maker in the room. Between the two i prefer the room with a city view and balcony. We will definitely stay their again if we decide to go to Frankfurt again. We are only an hour away from it but staying at Hotel Excelsior made it worth the two nights out of town. Could not ask for anything more.

Room Tip: If noise does not bother you at all then try to get a room in front of the station.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I only stayed here for a night on two separte occasions but i would gladly stay here again. It is located approximately 30 seconds from the Hauptbahnhof, right across the road. The bus station is out the front. Buffet breakfast is great for europe, with smoked salmon, cakes, different types of coffee and much more however there are too many staff hovering the breakfast room because i popped up to get a banana and when i came back, not only had my plate full of food, and cup full of coffee been removed, but the table had been completely reset with someone else sitting at my table already.The room is a little old however the free minibar more than makes up for that. Also, from morning till about 7pm, there are free cakes and coffee and tea at reception. Walking to Romer square is about 10 mins so thats pretty good too. Check in is swift and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank angela199284
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I was surprised to find that the all the items in the room mini bar are free. The drinks, the snacks, the chips are replenished the next day for guests to consume. This was the first time ever that I checked into a hotel that the items in the mini bar are free. Free wi-fi in the room too.

The hotel location is excellent, just across the street from the Frankfurt Main Station.

We stayed 2 nights and it was convenient for us to check the train schedule. We took the trains to several places during the day and back to the hotel in the evening. Even though it was freezing cold, the short walk back to the hotel was indeed a blessing.

My rail tour and accommodation were arranged by TOEUROPE.

I was there in February, 2011.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tham C
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Located directly across from the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. Check-in was fast, and you must pay for your room at check-in. Check-in area can get very busy, and there are only two small elevators for use. There are stairs that my get you to your room faster, especially when there is a large tour group check-in and trying to use the elevator. My room was a single, small single bed, one pillow. Very old TV set, not maney channels. Small desk and chair, free wifie and mini bar, with water, been, juice. Very small bath with shower. Hotel is very old Hotel with no air conditioning, hotel has been around for years and years. It is in acceptable condition, but would only use it for an overnight. Free buffet breakfast is also included. Breakast is good enough to start the day with. All in all, it's an ok place to stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the building
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo